Pandora data(music) inside of pnd not loading correctly in game

dan

Still Fresh
so i compiled Syobon Action for Pandora, made the PND, finally got it to work, loaded it up, and... the music doesn't load

the music loads fine when i run the executable file directly

and the music will also load if i put the "data" folder (in which are sub directories containing the music) in /appdata/syobonaction/

here is the PND below

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=syobonaction

if someone could help, i would really appreciate it (i really want to know why this happens)

Hi. Tried this out - it's just because the contents of the pnd has 'se' and 'bgm', not 'SE' and 'BGM'. If you've made this on a Windows host, that might be the cause (Windows is less fussy about case than Linux)

I'm not certain from what you told, so I'll ask: Have you tried just mounting the PND (using pnd_run.sh), going to /mnt/utmp/syobonaction and executing the startup script? If that doesn't work it should at least make it easier to find the problem, as you have a transparent environment where you can try stuff.

EDIT: ninja'd by a solution. The best kind of ninja-ing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Further explanation to that, the reason it works when you just run the executable directly or when it is copied to the appdata directory is probably because your card is formatted FAT32, which also doesn't care about file case even on a Linux system. When it goes into a PND, a squashFS file system, suddenly the system starts caring about the case.

Back