design B for p2

i'm sure it looks ugly as hell, too. ANd probably not very practical to touch the bottom screen. This design doesn't make any sense at all. I wonder what the clusterfuck happened at Nintendo. Did they start smoking weed in Kyoto ?
Hah, I wish they started smoking in Kyoto, get everybody to relax a bit.

Actually, that design makes perfect sense because ... its specifically targeted towards children under 7.

Nintendo states that none of their games should be played in 3D for children under 7. Parents no doubt are worried about it too. That's quite a mental hurdle parents have to get over when considering getting this for their kids.

"I know I can turn the 3D off, but what if my 6 year old child figures out how to turn it back on, will it destroy their eyes? Is it worth the risk?"

This variation removes all mental barriers. It's 2D from the start, there is no possibility of it hurting a child's eyes. It also removes the hinge, the one "weak point" in the console design. It's a big, flat, sturdy slate, and form all accounts I've read on the internet, it's more comfortable to hold than a 3DS LL (XL).

Considering they are launching this on the same day as Pokemon X/Y in America, if they market it right, it could be huge.

i'm sure it looks ugly as hell, too. ANd probably not very practical to touch the bottom screen. This design doesn't make any sense at all. I wonder what the clusterfuck happened at Nintendo. Did they start smoking weed in Kyoto ?

"I know I can turn the 3D off, but what if my 6 year old child figures out how to turn it back on, will it destroy their eyes? Is it worth the risk?"

Oh please!  I have 3 kids, 7, 5, 5 (yes twin  :D ) and they all have the 3DS.  I put in the password I don't even remember myself to block the 3D feature.  They've been using 3DS in 2D mode for two years now and no way in hell they know the password.

Oh please!  I have 3 kids, 7, 5, 5 (yes twin  :D ) and they all have the 3DS.  I put in the password I don't even remember myself to block the 3D feature.  They've been using 3DS in 2D mode for two years now and no way in hell they know the password.
Of course, well, you are on the Open Pandora forum ... where people tend to be better versed in technology. And yes, of course password locking isn't hard to do on a 3DS, infact it's dead simple. But until a parent buys it, or does extensive research on how to prevent their kids from accessing the 3D, the potential "risk" of the kids burning their eyes out with a 3D death ray from the screen, the 3D feature will be a deterrent, or at least a mental hurdle that parents will have to overcome when considering buying a 3DS for their under 7 years old child.

Considering they are launching this on the same day as Pokemon X/Y in America, if they market it right, it could be huge.
I may be dead wrong but I don't see this being huge. The design is too stupid looking. And kids don't dream of Nintendo stuff anymore, they want to have tablets and phone these days. And parents get it for them, too.

Time will tell. But if Nintendo can manage to sell this past Pokemon stage, I'll be surprised.  

Please look only at the design of my idea...

(NOT THE SPEC) Off course the type of device will cost a bone, but quite sure poeple a ready to buy if exist such a device.

There should be a little recess at the tumbs stick to make the device 'closable'

The second screen is a nice extended possibility such as keyboard, internet window etc..

But it would be better with an dedicatded soft to display general infos, homebrews concept and than program a working emulateur for some useful software. Than the 'LOGO' button could open an dedicated device software only on the little screen, form their all the possibilty to ajust the settings.

The buttons are back-lighted, this could be set off in the software option (or with more options about ligthning)

Two big speakers wich bring a 2.1 sound, that's just great for a media use like movies en even gaming...

tiny_s10.jpg

The idea is that a dual screens device is consuming a lot, a dual battery bay could help, of course you should buy an additional battery i f you need...

back_e10.png

HERE is a bigger version...

skytea12.jpg

You can get some kind of idea of how popular it would be to use a touch screen as a keyboard for P2 by examining the responses to this poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Controls at the lower edge of a device: fail.

The balance would be horrible if you would press a button or use the nubs on the lower edge, especcially when there is a screen dangling at the other end.

In addition to that, your hand gets cramps if you have to reach this low with your thumbs while holding the device with the other parts of your hands.

Something like the 3DSXL, but whit Keyboard, and 2 Circle Pads would be nice..

But whe need twoo SD Card Slots, as a Pandora 2 would be great for DS Emulation, my DS Rom Folder isnt that smal..

EDIT: But this Tought Design from the 3DSXL Like would be Great for a Real Pandora2..

Personally I kinda like the suggestion in the original post, except for the fact that it doesn't fold/slide. The only other thing I'd consider changing is switching the analogs with the digitals. 

I'd much prefer to have something more like the PSP [i'm thinking more of the original PSP, but the Vita would probably do just as well.] with a slide out keyboard [if I knew what I was doing I'd take my current unit and make it a slider]. Keep bluetooth, wifi, and the Dual SD slots. The shoulder buttons are a definite must-have. I'd also like to recommend a Sega Genesis styled 6-Button layout, as It's frustrating trying to play those games that need 6-buttons with a 4-button layout [call this a personal peeve! lol!]. 

The Skyteam thingie looks doable except for...

You can get some kind of idea of how popular it would be to use a touch screen as a keyboard for P2 by examining the responses to this poll.
^This. I personally have some pretty fat thumbs/fingers, so a touchscreen keyboard would be HEAVILY shunned by myself. And before you can say anything, I'm roughly average-sized just with "Truck-a-saurus hands".

Back