Desktop Icon Placement

Ian J

Advanced Member
I know there is a text file you can edit on the Pandora to amend where the icons appear on the desktop but after flashing to the new hotfix I lost my settings and can't for the life of me remember which file I need to edit.

That works but icons move around when the card are removed, when I edited the text file they popped back in the original location when the card was re-inserted.

Weird I can´t see that folder, I have show hidden files enabled.

120503-221528.png

This path should be the correct one *crosses fingers* /home/yourusername/Applications/Settings/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc

I´ve taken a screen grab of the location in case I forget in future.

Thats the one thank you.

This path should be the correct one *crosses fingers* /home/yourusername/Applications/Settings/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc

I edited the desktop files in /usr/share/applications to resort some things in the menu. Like moving grsync to Network.

When I reboot though I lose the settings. Am I editing the wrong files?

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited the desktop files in /usr/share/applications to resort some things in the menu. Like moving grsync to Network.

When I reboot though I lose the settings. Am I editing the wrong files?
These file are regenerated from pxml files every time an card is inserted (and at boot time). you need an ovr editor (minimenu) ;)

Went to minimenu... And could not find any way to change the menu categories for the Apps in xfce.

Nothing there seemed able to change the default categories.

Qemu and GRsync should not be in system but in Emulators and Network, for example.

I edited the desktop files and like you said - they got "fixed" after reboot.

What next?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back