Digital Photo Albums

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
I wonder if anyone has any suggestion for burning DVD's of photos, I have almost 10Gb or jpegs that are categorized in folders and have borrowed a DVD writer to archive them off.

As I'm using XP Explorer to view the thumbnails at the moment it's a bit slow and fiddly and doesn't seem to generate the "thumbs.db" file until explorer displays the thumbnails in a window....

Any good tools out there or suggestions would be mighty appreciated

ACDSee is an excellent and quite fast image viewer program. It also includes some simple editing functions. And it creates very good-looking and small JPG files (better than PS actually). Check out ACDSee ... The down side is that it cost money ...

Check out Irfanview for a free image viewer, very fast and reads pretty much every image format ever used.... Ifranview

thanks for the tips, but I was really wondering if there was something to generate the thumbnails so that when I view the jpgs on a dvdrom drive it will not have to chug for ages re-generating them - I use a 3.2 megapixel camera so a lot of the pics are pretty large and slow to load

know what I mean?

thanks for the tips, but I was really wondering if there was something to generate the thumbnails so that when I view the jpgs on a dvdrom drive it will not have to chug for ages re-generating them - I use a 3.2 megapixel camera so a lot of the pics are pretty large and slow to load

know what I mean?
Yes, ACDSee is capable of doing that. It has a thumbnail mode, and it creates a database file if you want it to. Regarding Irfanview; don’t know if it can do the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back