Direct.gov.uk e-petition: "Change import duty rules to encourage British manufacturing"

Prometheus

I saw this over on the Raspberry Pi forum, as a member over there created it in response to the news of the charity being unable to manufacture in the UK due to excessive costs.

Whilst I mentioned it in the above-linked thread, I think it deserves a bit more exposure, since I'm quite sure that there are *certain companies* around here affected by this ludicrous status quo. ;)

The petition is here. Obviously, you must be a British citizen or resident to sign. If you are, please give it a read, and if you agree, please support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done. Thanks for pointing it out :)

I think it was Mexico that had a good idea to try and get new tech companies to startup in their county by creating an industrial park where companies didn't have to pay any tax for the first three years of operations (or something like that? memory is a little fuzzy). It could be a good idea for the British government to try something like that too. After all; most companies fail in their first year or two, so a break at the start would improve their chances of creating a strong company and would create new jobs and help out the economy tremendously.

Back