Display Splash Screen Before Emu Runs

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
I would like to show a picture (showing what combination of keys on the GP2x does what on the emulator - eg exit, start, reset, etc. No issues producing pictures (320x240), if I put the .jpeg file in the same location as the .gpe file, what is the script I would need to add to display a picture before the emulator runs? (show a screen, press any key to exit and auto-run the emu)?

Each emulator/freeware seems to use the GP2x's buttons in a different way - it is hard to know what does without a customisable splashscreen!

I think he wants to know how to make a script by himself that will show a certain jpeg image before the gpe is loaded! Something like this:

./imageviewer ./squidgesnes/buttons.jpg
./snes/squidgesnes.gpe

Can't get a script to work. Could someone please show the code, to achieve the following (as example):

Before running "xxx.gpe" (exe game file) in a directory called "Emu\games", I want a picture "buttons.jpg" to be shown (same directory as the .exe). In other words, I run a .gpe file which shows a picture, upon exit (X button I presume), the exe file (.gpe) is run.

Can anyone help me please?

Nope - doesn't work. The pictures are viewed by PhotoViewer not ImageViewer. Changing this above only diverts to the PhotoViewer (from the Game menu, when I start with the .gpe), but I cannot make it load a .jpg file and display it.

Please help, there must be a way to do this!!

Back