Do you _need_ a pnd Documentation reader for Windows?

I tried a few pnd's quickly on a vista 32bit laptop and got the following results,

[sNIP!]

It caused no issue with windows though and looks nice a neat approach :)
Thanks.

sdl-ball's XML is malformed. The icon element lacks quotes. It's not the first malformed PXML.xml I've seen, unfortunately. I'll have to ditch the .NET built-in XML parser and write my own.

I'll add these three to the list of PNDs to test against.

Tested this against the jzInTv PND and it worked just fine. The only thing I'd say is that perhaps you could force a line break somewhere? The documentation for jzInTv has some rather long lines, and it would be nice not to have to scroll horizontally.

Not a criticism, I know this was a Q&D job. Thank you for your efforts!

Nice :) Keep at it, I'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy :)

PXML is well defined (more or less), but the actual PXML.xml's out in the field are 50% nasty unfortunately; I think theres a social push needed .. mmenu now is much more strict about tossing bad PXMLs into "Other" which may help (help the dev know its bad, and help users know its bad and bug the devs :) , but we need a general push to better quality PXML.xml for apps. Why spend hours and hours doing a port, or hundreds of hours on a new game, and then put a cruddy PXML.xml on it so your documentation is lost, your icon or preview is screwed up, your app doesn't run or categorize right, etc :)

Once you get her stable, get her up on dl.open and we can get a big fat link to it in a few places :)

jeff

Tested this against the jzInTv PND and it worked just fine. The only thing I'd say is that perhaps you could force a line break somewhere? The documentation for jzInTv has some rather long lines, and it would be nice not to have to scroll horizontally.

Not a criticism, I know this was a Q&D job. Thank you for your efforts!
Yeah, the way Trident handles plain text is sort of disappointing. I'll probably be swapping out the Internet Explorer control for something like Webkit.

Thanks for giving it a try.

EDIT:

Nice :) Keep at it, I'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy :)

PXML is well defined (more or less), but the actual PXML.xml's out in the field are 50% nasty unfortunately; I think theres a social push needed .. mmenu now is much more strict about tossing bad PXMLs into "Other" which may help (help the dev know its bad, and help users know its bad and bug the devs :) , but we need a general push to better quality PXML.xml for apps. Why spend hours and hours doing a port, or hundreds of hours on a new game, and then put a cruddy PXML.xml on it so your documentation is lost, your icon or preview is screwed up, your app doesn't run or categorize right, etc :)

Once you get her stable, get her up on dl.open and we can get a big fat link to it in a few places :)

jeff
I think part of the problem is that XML is so close to HTML in design, and that HTML is so forgiving and kludgy. Most mistakes I've seen in PXML.xml's so far were the kind of thing HTML tends to accept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind and Water

"The PND does not contain documentation."
Turns out there really isn't any documentation in that PND.

Pcsx-rearmed r6 produced no reaction at all.
While pcsx-rearmed does have its PXML.xml attached to the end of the file as it should, it doesn't include it in the actual filesystem image (which it also should). It just so happens that the one in the filesystem image is what I depend on, as it's somewhat easier to get at cleanly. The file not being there at all isn't something I was expecting. Guess I'll be switching to the PXML.xml attached to the end.

Cheers for that John. I knew W&W had no documentation as I saw its author Hao had asked folk here to help create some specific to the Pandora after Coldbird got the go ahead to PND up a Ginge wrapped version. I thought it showed your app was working as intended, though sdl-ball.pnd I wasn't sure on, or Pcsx r6, as I hadn't got them onto my Pandora yet and they were sitting on my desktop, hence the test of those :)

Back