GP2X Does Turrican T2002 Work On Gp2x?

gwood1234

Still Fresh
Hi. I only found out about the GP2X yesterday and just wanted to clarify if the T2002 Turrican remake will work on a GP2X? I know the Amiga emulator can play it, but I was a bit disappointed when I saw a few videos of it in play as it seemed incredibly jerky with stuttered music.

Does the GP2X's PC engine let me run the T2002 remake? If anyone can please help me as this will be a real deal breaker for if I buy one or not!

Kind regards
Gareth

gwood1234 said:
Hi. I only found out about the GP2X yesterday and just wanted to clarify if the T2002 Turrican remake will work on a GP2X? I know the Amiga emulator can play it, but I was a bit disappointed when I saw a few videos of it in play as it seemed incredibly jerky with stuttered music.

Does the GP2X's PC engine let me run the T2002 remake? If anyone can please help me as this will be a real deal breaker for if I buy one or not!

Kind regards
Gareth
Turrican2002 is a remake for PC, not PCEngine. PCEngine is a console from the late 80s early 90s not a computer. There are many systems Turrican 1 and 2 are emulatable on, I believe there is also a PCEngine version amongst these.

The Amiga version is actually quite playable on the gp2x amiga emulators, yes it is not full speed yet but its quite good. The c64 and AtariST versions are also very playable. Some of the console versions are also good.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at their webpage, they are developing a gba version at the moment. That means they must have gotten away from that directX crap. Maybe a few emails could fix us an SDL gp2x release? Maybe someone could port it for them signing an NDA?

xnopasaranx said:
looking at their webpage, they are developing a gba version at the moment. That means they must have gotten away from that directX crap. Maybe a few emails could fix us an SDL gp2x release? Maybe someone could port it for them signing an NDA?
Well, they started the port six (!) years ago, so I'm not sure if it would see the light of day within a few years.
Which is sad, 'cause it's a fantastic remake with Level Editor and would rock on the gp2x.

Last edited:
If you just want a general Turrican fix you can play Turrican and Mega Turrican (known as Turrican 3 on amiga) on Picodrive (megadrive emulator) and they play flawlessly. You can also try Universal soldier which is apparantly Turrican 2 with changes. There are also several turrican games for numerous other systems so you should be able to find something you like.

Shame about the GBA version taking so long - just played the demo and i love it! It's almost exactly like the Amiga version, and the music is a good attempt too. Maybe I'll email Pekaro now and get them to pull their fingers out and get it released!

while you are at it, ask them for the source code, too! Maybe we can come up with a gp2x port!!! with an on-gp2x level editor... that would be pure pwnage!

Back