Doom 2 wont work

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
HI, i have probs with the new doom. I just loaded the Doom 2 wad over, and it acts like this.

Doom Crashes.

I am using Multifw.

if you'd bother to read the read me you'd of seen that "I made up a version with heavy optimisation which got doom2 running at the speed of doom1,
unfortunately it also made it too unstable, i'll work on that"

It should run doom2, your not trying to jump to level 32 are you? It seems most doom2 wads don't have above level 30 (so where is the wolfenstein level in those then i wonder?)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Zar has told me it does not work with some multifirm-wares.

Sorry!

I only use the normal set up, if you can boot to normal FW use that.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

i got the same problem, mines a stock gp32 no fw change to it. doom2 worked in the last version and doesnt load in this version.

I'm using the original firmware that comes with the unit, and Doom 2 doesn't work full stop. I get as far as the Demonic background GUI dissapearing and then I get two messages up on a plain background, stating that something is loading and then nothing happens at all.

It must be the wad file your using, but i don't think doom works on a flashed bios GP32 at all, even if you can boot it to the normal firmware.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I have Mr. Spiv's v0.3 Multi-firmware, and V6 won't load the doom 2 WAD for me either. it crashes about 90% through the loading sequence. I put the boot messages on, but it goes to the crash screen too quickly to tell exactly what message it crashes on.

It's a bit odd, since V5 worked just fine with both WAD files.

It does not work for me too and it was with V5. I have not modified my firmware. I've tried to put the boot messages on and when it crashes it only remains on the screen Getting buffers and allocating screens.

My doom.wad does not work too when it starts loading it says it starts in registered mode when it crashes it writes IErr:W_GetNumForName: STTMINUS not found
Shutting down.

This doom.wad was not working with V5 too.

Hope this could help

Using V5 Now. it works now. Can you fix this Craig?

maybe you also could add a wad choice, so you could select the wad you wanted to launch.

Back