Doom On An Ipod!!!

Jacxz

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I was realy thrilled when i read that i will bé able to play doom and such games on my gp2x(when it arrives...)

But today i got realy :eek: when i realised doom was playable on ipods.... !!!

I found a site that have ported linux for ipod and another site that made a port of doom for that linux version isn't that pretty amasing....

I think there realy is potential for our gp2x as the ipod is said to have a 75mhz cpu and 32mb of RAM...

Hope this will interest you guys...

Ipod Linux
Doom for Ipod

ya...shouldnt this be somewhere offtopic?

i think most of us have heard of this...and its not to gp2x related...

Doom ran *perfectly* on the GP32, and I guarantee it plays 100x better than on an iPod! :lol:

sure it does, but imagine playing doom on an iPod in tram, all the others will be like "woah! wtf!"

iDoom makes you famous.

Not only did it run perfectly, but it ran extremely well at, iirc, 40MHz (Firefly never changed the clock speed in his port, and it was fairly late in the day when this was discovered by those who picked it up after him). Just didn't have music (or did, but only if you were willing to have the game slow down somewhat).

I'd say that means there's more than enough power to cover doom with no trouble whatsoever on the 2x.

Sure, after all, when Doom first came out, computers were how powerful? ;) GP2X is much more powerful than those computers.

It isn't the most demanding of games after all, and if Quake with its proper 3d can run reasonably on GP2X, Doom, with it's raycasting pseudo 3D should run like a greases lightning bolt :p

Back