Doom, Quake, Duke3d

Typhoon22

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Any help will be greatly appreciated here. Sorry about the book! :D

I understand that quake will not work at present on the f200 as it doesn't have the "click-in" on the joystick/pad is there any update on this - the thread I was reading just seems to end.....? has anyone found any other info on this?
However it does boot to the main title screen but I guess I will have more issues as it gives me a screen of errors about joystick and video mappings, in the quake console.

I have a problem with Duke 3d atomic version. . I have tried renaming files to lower case etc... checked the interweb/file library for the latest version. I believe I have the 1.3 duke on my pc. I have a problem that I have only seen on the forums once, a mouse pointer turns up at the top left of a black screen and then disappears after a second or 2. The only mention I have found was posted on the actual download page for duke and is the last entry - noone replied :(

Doom - ahh an old favourite! I have downloaded latest prboom and installed as per readme but it just shoves me back to the main menu when I try to boot it. I have both the doom.wad and doom2.wad as well as some custom maps each with their own .gpe file.
I have tried to create my own gpe file to launch the doom.wad file and I guess it works as it produces the same effect. Also the .gpe's that came with the custom maps don't work. Again FiLenAmes etc... have been tried

I have installed the latest file versions of the libs etc... and I am now stuck.
Help is required and I shall document this in the wiki as a "I have my new gp2x, how to setup emulation and games in 15 mins" all in one place for anyone else who comes along.

thanks in advance, happy new year!

hello

Quake works fine on the F200... that whole thread was started by someone who was using an old version of it... Get the latest one from the archive, no need for a stick click. WORKS

PrBoom works on the F200 as well, at least it does on mine.
I would suggest that you try and just install PrBoom with only one WAD, nothing else, see how that treats you... otherwise I'm affraid I have no clue =s

Thanks for your time, much appreciated - I have doom working now....
The wad files need to be in the same dir as prboom.gpe repointing the path to the wad in another dir in the .gpe doesn't work.

Has anyone got any ideas about my duke nukem issue with the mouse pointer?

Latest version of quake does indeed work.

Info:

Make sure when you create the "id" directory that it is in lowercase. If the directory is in upper case it will not work.

in windows you will need to rename the folder to something else then back to id1. ie.

"ID1" -> "temp" -> "id1"

in linux ID1 <> id1

Only duke to go :)

Make a GPE file for each WAD like this:

CODE

#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad Doom.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Typhoon22 said:
The Atomic Edition works for me, I put duke3d.gpe, duke3d.grp and duke3d.cfg in the same directory
and defs.con, user.con and game.con files in the confiles subdir.

Plutonia and TNT wads work fine with prboom and I'm just trying some Quake mods, I played them only few minutes,
Hipnotic, Jaws, Raptors, Rogue and Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
tutut said:
Typhoon22 said:
The Atomic Edition works for me, I put duke3d.gpe, duke3d.grp and duke3d.cfg in the same directory
and defs.con, user.con and game.con files in the confiles subdir.

Sorry about the delay, Thanks for the info, looks like I am going to have to dig out my old atomic edition :blink:

Out of interest did you use the .con files supplied or the ones from your cd?

Thanks guys - all sorted.

Downloaded the shareware version and ripped the .con and .cfg files from there, then copied my .grp file across, all is working now.

You can close this thread, or whatever.

This system is sooo cool. Imagine trying this on a pc - uninstall reinstall uninstall reinstall, coffee, surfing, uninstall, reinstall, sleep, coffee.

The white pointer appears to be normal, just now when it goes duke is loaded.

Should I even try Heretic I wonder???

The Heretic port runs great, HEP did a really nice job with it :)

(to me it runs smoother than Doom!)

Alex. said:
The Heretic port runs great, HEP did a really nice job with it :)

(to me it runs smoother than Doom!)
heh heh, Sorry, I meant me being the retarded one who can't install stuff/read/understand things rather than the coders/porters/programmers/gp2x hardware and other stuff I was swearing at christmas day ;)

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll give it go later.
need more coffee :D

Back