Duke3d

milky

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i no this has bin asked lots of times but duke3d wont work (blank screen)
ive looked through forums but i jus cant get it to work
in the folder i have:

defs.con
duke3d.cfg
duke3d.gpe
duke3d.grp
game.con
user.con

the only thing i can think of is that i got a dogey duke3d.cfg or duke3d.grp files

You are aware that the download in the file archives require that you get all media files from your own copy of Duke 3D in order to play it, right? The download is just to make your own copy work on a GP2X, as the game, though open-source, is not freeware.

Magnulus posted on Jul 15 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
You are aware that the download in the file archives require that you get all media files from your own copy of Duke 3D in order to play it, right? The download is just to make your own copy work on a GP2X, as the game, though open-source, is not freeware.

i have downloaded it

Last edited by a moderator:
can u play all these games like doom, quake, duke3d
if u download the game off something like limewire
and use the needed files from there

well, from a technical standpoint, yes. However, from a legal standpoint, the answer is most definitely NO. Please try to avoid discussing illegal activities on these forums, we don't want any trouble...

milky posted on Jul 15 2006 at 10:23 AM said:

To add to the last point, you could get the shareware version and play it with that. I'm not sure but I think you can still play all of the levels you just miss some sounds or something. I could be wrong about that part, but you can use a shareware version if you don't own it. Totaly legal :) .

oqnet posted on Jul 15 2006 at 04:54 PM said:

To add to the last point, you could get the shareware version and play it with that. I'm not sure but I think you can still play all of the levels you just miss some sounds or something. I could be wrong about that part, but you can use a shareware version if you don't own it. Totaly legal :) .
Generally the shareware versions only contain one of the three episodes, so they are actually missing quite a lot of levels.

deadlychicken22 posted on Jul 15 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
well, from a technical standpoint, yes. However, from a legal standpoint, the answer is most definitely NO. Please try to avoid discussing illegal activities on these forums, we don't want any trouble...

i got most of these games already on playstation so i just dont want 2 buy dem agen

oqnet posted on Jul 15 2006 at 05:54 PM said:

Where do i get the shareware versions?

get the shareware here: http://www.3drealms.com/downloads.html

And ... there is one version which isn't compatible with the GP2X executable ... this version is an unofficial one wich is widely distributed as warez.

To keep things short ... versions equal or lower than 1.5 are compatible ... anything labled higher is not (the ver i talked about is 1.7d ... but there could be more).

Back