Dune 2 RTS port

Swiss_Cheeseman

SwissCM
I found a neat little open source version of Dune 2 called Dune Legacy. Although the GUI looks a bit crappy (the programmer doesnt really seem like a stellar artist ;P), it replicates Dune2 very well with decent AI, and even multiplayer. It doesnt seem fully complete yet, but I managed to finish a few missions. Lotsa fun.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dunelegacy/

Anyway, seeing as though its open source, and based on SDL, which is in progress of being ported, I thought it would be neat to have on the GP32. It has an option to run at 320x240, but the side menu doesnt work properly cos of its res. This could probably be fixed by making a new one and a bit of messing around with code to get everything to fit right. I have just made a sample image.

(It is a mockup, its not real, but it gives you a general idea)
mockscreend2.gif

Now wouldnt you LOVE to have that on your gp32 =P

I made that status bar out of public domain textures (although if you distribute then with a game you must give acknowledgment), and I was planning to actually completely re-tile Dune 2, with some help, to make it public domain.

Anyway, hope it can be done, or I hope someone can pick it up!

There IS a clone of C&C that can use original C&C datafiles, but it is in very early stages, with no AI and limited scripting. Dune 2 is similar anyway.

Swiss Cheeseman, where's the Super GP32 you were talking about? You said you had bought a tv adapter that worked with the GP32, so that even when you were playing a game you could pause it and go to tv mode. Where are the pics you promised?? :eek:

I really hope the sdl port is up to this rts's are my favourite games or atleast they pass the most time + dune 2 + the command and conquer series in my opinion have always been the best ! i really cant wait !

you could also wait some more weeks(months?) for a genesis emu...

on genesis is a good dune2 version avaible!

zboy, someone was posting under my name, it wasnt me.

After making fun of the idiot, I decided to chuck this together in photoshop:
supergp32.jpg

Back