Dust particles

Li Wang

Still Fresh
I got my front lit GP32 today from Entware. While testing the system and playing with various programs, I began to notice what looks like dust particles underneath the screen. With the light turned off, you can barely notice them at all and even then while looking very, VERY closely. Is this a design flaw that was overlooked when the front lit unit was designed? I'd just ignore a few particles of dust, but it seems like quite a few are building up in a matter of only a few hours after the unit has been opened.

How hard is it to pry the screen off? How exactly should one go about doing it?

Those are very bad news :( If all frontlit GP32s have this issue I'll cancel my preorder.

Well, its really not that bad, although I dont have a gp32, my GBA has a front light, and its basically the same design. You see dust gets in when you put the screen in, its noticable when your not playing a game, but when you do, you hardly see it unless you really want to, let alone it getting in the way.

Well for $200 American dollars the screen should be absolutely dust free, they are supposed to put these things together in dust controlled rooms.

Erm I am not totally sure, but are the GP32s with backlights made like that? Or modified?

If they are modified, then it would be very hard to keep dust away.

Buy a can of compressed air, put the tubey thing inside the protector...... dust goes bye bye..... problem solved. :D

If theres a problem get intouch with the company where you got it from and tell them... if your not happy get your money back or ask for a replacement.

Back