Dynamate 1.0 Released

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Joyrider / Willems Soft Released a new game for the GP2X named Dynamate.

Dynamate is a game originally made by Björn Kalzen and Jonas Norberg. It is a puzzle game where you have to try to remove colored pieces from the playfield by letting them collide with another specific colored piece. There are pieces that are stuck to the playfield, moveable pieces and special pieces like color changes, direction rotators, teleporters, ... The game can have upto 25 of custom OGG/MOD music files, has a built in level editor, support for TV out and external usb joysticks using the cradle !

dynamate1.jpg

More info here
Download here

Thanks to:
Donskeeto for the music.

Flavor, for certain sounds, graphics and sending me the source code of the gp32 version, it gave me some rather usefull insights.

Björn Kalzen and Jonas Norberg for creating the original game !

frefol for beta testing and the generous donation which made me able to buy a cradle and add support for usb joysticks !

looks really nice! Bravo for porting the game, since i didn't join early enough for the gp32 scene, im glad i'll be able to enjoy it on the gp2x!

You forgot to add the icon for the game again. Did you receive the one I made or do you have a better one? I am glad the game finally got released. Thanks again for writing so many great games.

frefol said:
You forgot to add the icon for the game again. Did you receive the one I made or do you have a better one? I am glad the game finally got released. Thanks again for writing so many great games.
Ah damn you are right, i always forget to add an icon !! Yes i should still have your icon's in my mail. i'll edit the zip on my site and add it in, as well as your 2 users levels i had totally forgotten about them!
It's too small an update to replace the current zip in the archive though so i'll upload the icons and place them here for the people who are downloading from the archive.

Btw frefol, the buttons on external joystick are remapped this time, it should be a better layout for a PS2 Pad, but still hardcoded. I'm goana try to find a way to let them be remapable in the future. but it has to work for any game i created or will create.

cheers and thanks again

edit:
here is the icon as well as 2 users made levels from frefol !
http://users.pandora.be/IMS/misc/dynamateicon.zip
also edited the zip on my site to include them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some way to change the volume of the sounds, or maybe mute them? The volume key seems to only affect the music on my F200, and the sound nearly ruptures my ear drums.

Kramy said:
Is there some way to change the volume of the sounds, or maybe mute them? The volume key seems to only affect the music on my F200, and the sound nearly ruptures my ear drums.
Hi normally you should press and hold the sound buttons on the gp2x in order for the sound to get any lower/higher. I will double check it on my gp2x though could be i forget to add some volume code in some of the gamestates. however should it fail to change the sound you can always open up settings.dat with a linux capable line handling text editor and change the volume nr from for example 128 to 64. (128 being the highest volume, 0 being the lowest). It's kinda weird that it doesn't seem to work on a f200 though, but i don't have one to test it out.

joyrider said:
Kramy said:
Hi normally you should press and hold the sound buttons on the gp2x in order for the sound to get any lower/higher. I will double check it on my gp2x though could be i forget to add some volume code in some of the gamestates. however should it fail to change the sound you can always open up settings.dat with a linux capable line handling text editor and change the volume nr from for example 128 to 64. (128 being the highest volume, 0 being the lowest). It's kinda weird that it doesn't seem to work on a f200 though, but i don't have one to test it out.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. :D I think I found the problem.

The volume was already set to zero, so I edited the sound effects to quiet them down. Two in particular were very loud - fail.wav, and move.wav; it's weird that they're so much louder on my F200, when on my computer they all have uniform volumes.

Anyway, if anyone else is having issues with the volume, PM me and I'll send the .wav files. However, I suspect the volume will vary from F200 to F200.

Nice game.

Hmm... no diagonal movements for the cursor? :huh:

Thanks for this. :)

about the diagonal movement, i got a beta working with diagonal cursor movement. It also has an option to redefine (external) joystick buttons for usuage on the cradle. I'm still looking into the sound problem. Expect another release soon :)

thanks for the comments

Back