E-books

ECZO

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi this is my first post (it's been a long time since i writed in english for the last time and so be patient with me :p you know italians aren't confident with english)

i was wondering about the ebook reader function of the gp2x..
wich kind of ebooks can be read?

pdf are compatible?

tnx! :eek:

Assuming this FAQ is correct, it doesn't sound like PDF will be supported out of the box, although I imagine someone will eventually port a PDF viewer to it.

I would suspect that the eBook functionality basically just displays regular text files, like most of the stuff you'd find at Project Gutenberg. Maybe HTML files, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

--Zero

I've had trouble with pdf e-books in the past, i.e. DRM'd e-books. It's strange, but most of DRM'd pdf are actually just watermarked, like it will have the purchasers name in the margin on every 5th page or something, so any pdf reader can read it. If it has DRM protection on it then only the official Adobe pdf reader can read it, and I don't think there is a Linux-arm Adobe reader out right now. It probably won't take too long for a pdf reader to appear on the GP2X, but it still won't read DRM'd pdf's.

Thanx,
Stan

Back