Elder Scrolls Online Quakecon demo

I dunno. I might try it if they give me some free-to-play time to decide. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games. I worried that they wouldn't be able to keep the same mechanics in a MMORPG. Looks like I was right. Skill trees and grinding are the order of the day in ESO. 

Those character animations looked bad. Really bad. I know with server side stuff, timing is everything, but people were falling down and standing up almost instantaneously. Everything looked just - out of balance - to me

it doesn't look bad, but honestely after having played for so long EQ, every single MMORPG that came afterward disapointed me...

i got my 2nd beta invite, this one is for the whole weekend, last one was just for 3 hours. except this is mostly a pvp beta, which i actually didnt even sign up for :/ but ill take it. should be a fun weekend

is it any good? Feel like skyrim or more like world of warcraft, guildwars or just something completely different?

it has a lot of skyrim feels to it, i like it, from the 3 or so hours i got out of it last time, it seemed like a huge world, but since they announced the monthly payment method, ive lost near complete interest in the game after having been excited since the first announcement. the game still needs some work though last i played, but im under NDA, so i cant say much

I was wondering why there wasn't any videos of the beta up. NDA makes sense. I'm fine with a monthly fee as long as it encourages expansions and added content. Say what you will about WoW but their content updates always impress IMO. But if it fails to give a sense of "value" for the fee then completely poop to that idea. I really dig the action RPG aspect. I do have one final question hopefully you'll be able to answer. Are the dungeons the only "instance events" and is the rest of the regions "world or shard" events? Guild wars had towns as the only world event area and you joined shared instances between each town/wilderness. That is one game killing aspect if similar. And if world event regions do mobs respawn at a reasonable pace?

no i cant share that info, i like my beta invite, and dont plan on losing it. i will point out that the game is buy2play, pay2play, and will have a microtransaction game shop from what i understand, and will also cost the PSN and xbox live money to be able to play it, so in my opinions, even if i liked subscription model, they are not just double dipping, but tripple, AND the console fees added to those players

I had to stop watching the vid as he began explaining them, how you control an FPS via mouse.

It's called QuakeCon! WTF has happened?!

it doesn't look bad, but honestely after having played for so long EQ, every single MMORPG that came afterward disapointed me...

Same with me, but instead of Everquest, I was hooked up with Runescape.

^Odd, Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies both of these SOE games gave me a severe hate for MMORPGs for the longest time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back