Emu Question...

leebf

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a GP32BLU.
I was just wondering how the controls work for games that use more than 2 buttons.

For example with if I were to play Sonic i'd have no problem but what about Street Fighter?

I realise there are 2 buttons (A & B ) and the 2 Shoulder buttons. But can you use the START and SELECT as usable in game buttons?

Sorry about the longwinded question. :p

Thanks.

Leebf

Longwinded? :blink:

Genesis is great unless you need XYZ buttons as well. I find that Select, A, B to be used as ABC the best chioce.

I find Snes a little tricky, using shouder button constntly annoy's me a little be plus you can use l and r as well.

*dreams of a 4 button GP*

SNES is not bad at all. most games only need 2 buttons, for SFII, i have b and a as fierce kick and punch and l and r as medium and its fine. Turtles in time only need a and b, rival turf only needs a and b, and what games that need all 6 buttons with opensnes you can have the buttons set up so when you hit select it changes the controler config. Once you get used to it, its rather easy to use.

Thanks for the info,

I guess if the SELECT button can be used as a 'playable' button then that's pretty cool.

I think i'll get a GP32 BLU when I can get the money together, hopefully by then the BLU+ problems will be no longer a worry. :)

actually worldwriter you can also configure osnes9x to use select as a playable button and then not be able to change configs. In one of my configs I have it set up like this..
a = a
b = b
select = x
start = y
l = l
r = r

a lot of games don't even use the select buttons and only use start to pause the game.
You can just enter the menu to pause it anyway :lol:

Vimacs posted on Dec 22 2004 at 03:30 PM said:
is that "Search" button at the top also usable?

I wish I had a dollar for every time you posted that helpful comment. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Dec 22 2004 at 08:30 PM said:

I did but didn't find what I was after. I guessed it was safe to post the question here...
:blink:

leebf posted on Dec 22 2004 at 05:35 PM said:

I did but didn't find what I was after. I guessed it was safe to post the question here...

Pay him no heed, leebf. He says that to everyone, all the time. It's quite annoying, IMO.

TelcoLou posted on Dec 22 2004 at 05:38 PM said:

Pay him no heed, leebf. He says that to everyone, all the time. It's quite annoying, IMO.
personally i thought was vimacs said was very funny

diablo2 posted on Dec 22 2004 at 09:23 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 22 2004 at 05:38 PM said:

personally i thought was vimacs said was very funny

Not only was it un-funny, it was incorrect and misleading.

The search button is on the bottom. :rolleyes:

errr... take a look at the top of the screen between help and members
edit: although i do realize that there is one at the bottom of the screen

Vimacs posted on Dec 22 2004 at 09:30 PM said:

:lol: I don`t know. Never heard of anyone who used it.

Back