Emulating A Gp32

Cristallis

Still Fresh
I want to know if i can put a regular emulator from my PC on my GP32. I just ordered the GP32 and it hasn't got here yet, but i'm curious that when it arrives if i can put my Neo Geo CD Emulator on it (NEORAGEX) and put my roms on. Can i do that?

Also, what about my other Emu's for my PC?

No. The GP32 needs its own emualtors. It's not a windows machine. And it has not enough hp to run a NeoGeo emu, so you wont be able to play NeoGeo games on it.

What about MAME emulators? Can i use the MAME emu from this site on it and just D/L roms for mame other places and play on teh GP32?

MAME works very well for the gp32. The roms have to be from a certain romset though. You can probably find more by searching the forums.

EDIT: BobBorakovitz beat me to it.....

So Will I be able to find roms on [NO, I WON'T POST ANY ROM SITES HERE!] that work for it? Same on [I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A ROM SITE IS!] Will those roms function with the emulator i get from this site?

You're on your own when it comes to downloading roms. Look around, i'm sure I saw a list of the compatable games and what the files had to be named.... Just don't ask any questions about where to get workable roms because no one on this board will tell you (We get all our roms %100 legally :rolleyes: ).

Can i get an example maybe of what one would be named for the MAME emu? I get all mine legally too. I got MAME for the PC and i wanted to know if the roms i got for it would work for the MAME emu on the GP32...

I own a crapload of games... i mean, we are talking somewhere about 2500... (Thank god for ebay) (I got like 800 total doubles though :(

You need .34 version ROMz. Only older games will work at a playable speed. No neo, No Cadillacks and dinos etc. Think Pac-Man and MrDo!.

Check over at the MAME support forum, they will probably know a lot more than I do.
HERE's the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Back