sswam

Advanced Member
edit:

I ended up submitting these:

- [Emulator port]  ArcEm, an Acorn Archimedes / RISC OS Emulator, for games

- [Application port]  PSP-Maps application port
- [Application]  Cz - my half-baked but awesome programming language

original post:

I will do a potpourri of little ports and apps.

It doesn't fit the spec, but maybe I can awe you with quantity instead of quality!

WIP:

- port - PSP-Maps, add 'greedy snarf' map caching feature

- port - 'suckless' dev tools, with 9base, rc, kenc, tinycc, dwm, surf, ed ...

- port - dosage, fetch comics

- port - fortune, add graphical display

- app - Cz, my half-baked programming language

maybe:

- BeebEm and FBA audio fixes

- pnd cli tools and enhancements

- port - man-db, manpages, manpage-dev, info

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I guess, or the "didn't bother to finish it" category!  lol

I don't think that many submissions can be counted as one, for purposes of the competition.

Are you planning to PNDify the man pages so they do not fill the NAND?

I can submit them all separately and flood the competition with lame entries! :)

Yes, I will put the doc in a PND.

Well I ended up submitting PSP-Maps, unenhanced!

and a PND with my half-baked language Cz in it.

edit: and ArcEm, an Acorn Archimedes / RISC OS Emulator, for games (port)

So, are you going to work on them or not?

I did some work on most of the projects I listed there, and submitted 2 of them plus one other to the competition, under my real name "Sam Watkins".

The ones I submitted:

- port app - PSP-Maps - shows various maps, nice

- port my own app - Cz, my programming language, based on C, has some interesting features, libs, and examples. Somewhat "half-baked".

- emulator port - ArcEm - Acorn Archimedes Emulator, quick port after the deadline with some issues!

Or, are you talking about the BeebEm and/or FBA audio issues?  I'm not going to work on them immediately, no.

I think the porter already improved audio in FBA, but introduced some speed issues as a result.

I'm going to fix some issues with BeebEm and ArcEm on FAT32 SD cards [edit: done that], then fix ArcEm to run games in fullscreen and various fixes for it.

If you specifically like any of my other project ideas up there, please let me know.

I fixed the bug that stopped arcem running on FAT SD cards, works now ... for me, anyway.  Now, to fix beebem, psp-maps, Cz similarly!

I'm talking about the FBA audio issues. Its been giving me "buffer underrun" errors in its .out.

The underrun errors might have nothing to do with this. A lot of sdl apps do that.

Nothing to do with ... what?  (completely confused!)

I should have done some more work on BeebEm and submitted that for the compo, there are lots of good Beeb games and they do run very nicely in it!

ArcEm now starts up a bit more nicely, in fullscreen with the mouse grabbed already.

Back