Emulators Not Working

muffinman9311

Still Fresh
Where to begin. When I saw this item in the inventory of Play Asia I was astounded that a handheld console could do so much. I decided to purchase one, and was pleasently suprised by fast shipping and sturdy construction. I immedietly procceded to plug it into my computer and start moving emulators and roms to the caanoo (emulators from openhandhelds.org, roms from coolroms.com if that makes a difference). however, as soon as I moved the files and unplugged it, the roms would not work. I would click on them and it would display a message saying that I needed to download authentic bios. i could only get mame4all running, but no games would work (the files are not unzipped, just placed in the rom section). I then looked at all of the Bios, and found that the ones that were working had spaces in them instead of an O (or whatever it was). I thought, no matter, I can just remove the O's and manually put in the spaces. After doing that, I booted up the caanoo feeling confident. Nothing. exact same error message. So to wrap up this lengthy story, I need someone who can explain to me how to either find the bio's on another website or create them myself. I am putting the bios in the same directory as the emulator is in. I am running caanoo firmware 1.0.6. if you need any more information, post to this and I will reply with that information. Also, some help on the mame4all issue would be appriciated. the error message there says it is not using a supported cache file, and that I need to rebuild it. Any help you could give would be greatly appriciated.

muffinman9311 said:
Where to begin. When I saw this item in the inventory of Play Asia I was astounded that a handheld console could do so much. I decided to purchase one, and was pleasently suprised by fast shipping and sturdy construction. I immedietly procceded to plug it into my computer and start moving emulators and roms to the caanoo (emulators from openhandhelds.org, roms from coolroms.com if that makes a difference). however, as soon as I moved the files and unplugged it, the roms would not work. I would click on them and it would display a message saying that I needed to download authentic bios. i could only get mame4all running, but no games would work (the files are not unzipped, just placed in the rom section). I then looked at all of the Bios, and found that the ones that were working had spaces in them instead of an O (or whatever it was). I thought, no matter, I can just remove the O's and manually put in the spaces. After doing that, I booted up the caanoo feeling confident. Nothing. exact same error message. So to wrap up this lengthy story, I need someone who can explain to me how to either find the bio's on another website or create them myself. I am putting the bios in the same directory as the emulator is in. I am running caanoo firmware 1.0.6. if you need any more information, post to this and I will reply with that information. Also, some help on the mame4all issue would be appriciated. the error message there says it is not using a supported cache file, and that I need to rebuild it. Any help you could give would be greatly appriciated.

Edit: i forgot to add that the emulators were ohboy for gameboy color and caanoo-gpsp for the gameboy andvanced sp.

Last edited by a moderator:
muffinman9311 said:
muffinman9311 said:

Edit: i forgot to add that the emulators were ohboy for gameboy color and caanoo-gpsp for the gameboy andvanced sp.
ohboy does not require a bios but gpsp does. Search for gba_bios.bin on google and put it in the root of your gpsp directory. Mame uses a certain romset which is 0.37b5. You can google that as well.

Only the very last version of Ohboy supports zips. see here
For (almost) all other emulators, I would recommend this pack
It doesn´t include bios-files, but it explains, where to put them and is already in the drawer-structure of the sd-card.

Akabei said:
Only the very last version of Ohboy supports zips. see here
For (almost) all other emulators, I would recommend this pack
It doesn´t include bios-files, but it explains, where to put them and is already in the drawer-structure of the sd-card.
i am using the yoshi pack for my emulators.

Back