European release still a go?

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Originally from this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&sh...opic=5620&st=30

Translated

Even if the official advertisement is long in arriving, it is not any more one secrecy because the news has circulated for several weeks, the GP32 should leave all the same in some European countries (Spain, Portugal, Italy) to approximately March or April 2004.

The distribution would be ensured by Virgin, and numbers it consoles envisaged would be unfortunately trés lower than that announced during the agreements signed with Mitsui.

Some new plays could accompany the console, and in particular the play Yoke Yoke (play of puzzle) developed by Fame software.

One keeps you informed.

Thanks to pocket for the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is GREAT!

I thought about that too?

Will the future support only be in spanish etc. or in english?
(all support, not only asr)
I think english would make more sense.
It would be stupid to do a translation for spain and italy.
And only one translation would be unfair.

So let it be english.

But noone said that asr will be translated, yet.

Well, virgin would only do translations into english if they release the GP32 in England or another english speaking nation. Otherwise that duty is still up to Gamepark. Maybe someday we'll have the GP32 or one of it's inevitable successors here in the U.S..

Virgin? As in Virgin Interactive Entertainment, former Capcom distributor, formerly known as Virgin Mastertronic, made up of Mastertronic and Virgin Games? Didn't Infogrames (*cough* sorry, I mean Atari!) buy them out a few years ago? While I could picture Virgin doing something like this, I can't picture Infogrames doing this because it's the kind of thing which Nintendo would put the shiny boot of ass kicking on them in retaliation. Needs more information...

And again, VIE's games used to get distributed via what now are all Infogrames subsidaries, eg Ozisoft/Sega Ozisoft/Gamenation/Infogrames/whateverthehelltheirnameisnow for Australia. This brings up the question of further region distribution, and again, how Infogrames (I mean Atari!) is involved!

Like I said in another thread :

It's not exactly Virgin in fact, but Virgin Play :p

It was really a "secret of polichinel" (don't know how to translate this in english), many people knew about this possibility...

In fact, it seems that Virgin Play already stated in its magazine that they would distribute the GP32... Really a strange secret :ph34r:

About the translations, I don't know... It seems that for further titles, developers have to do thatby themselves.

Atari is not in the game. They already tried to distribute and promote the GP32 one year ago (the contract mentioned 1.000.000 consoles for the US market, the biggest opportunity Game Park ever had) but everything was cancelled, because of GP's behaviour and I think they were unable to meet the demand. Infogrames/Atari was not in a good financial situation too at this time. This story has been revealed a few months ago on french GP32 forums, so I'm not guilty for sharing these informations with you :p