Everyone is from Canada?

I'm noticing little flags next to everyone's profile info near their avatar on the left, for most people this appears to be a Canadian flag. Even ED shows up as being from Canada.

HUH?
I see a US flag for you.

It's showing all flags properly for me (using Chrome at work). ED's is definitely the German flag and mine is the Union flag for UK. What browser are you using, maybe that's the problem?
Deutschland for you.

I suppose it is something that must be inserted server-side, else everyone could have been able to see IPs of everyone, so seems strange to me that the issue is on the browser...

Maybe people are just using VPNs or proxies
Nothing for you.

For me it changes all the time. I opened this thread a minute ago and everyone was French. Now everyone is German.
US for you, atm.

Currently @Exophase is from Panama and @Wally is from Italy. Congrats on your new locations.
No clue for you. White, green, and red horizontal stripes.

I have seen a few change, and I know that some are incorrect. The funny part to me is when someone lists their country but the flag is from another continent.
[doublepost=1473286466,1473286383][/doublepost]Everytime I see @levi his flag changes. First US, forgot the second, currently Italy.

This flag thing is really weird:
wok.png

all hail our new country of residence!

(though it does change quite frequently, so we're going to have to learn a lot of other anthems...)

Wait, now everyone's British?
Its an interesting bug, I'll give it that.

The plugin probably has become sentient and is currently discovering the paradoxical nature of nation states:)

Actually, I've just noticed that it says I joined on 28th of May, 2003. Looking back through my emails, the registration/confirmation email I got was dated 8th of August 2011.

Where did that date in 2003 come from?

Actually, I've just noticed that it says I joined on 28th of May, 2003. Looking back through my emails, the registration/confirmation email I got was dated 8th of August 2011.

Where did that date in 2003 come from?
Were you registered on the GP2X site? because it was merged a while ago and if you had an account on there it used your earliest join date.

Were you registered on the GP2X site? because it was merged a while ago and if you had an account on there it used your earliest join date.

I don't think so. I certainly don't have any memory of being on there, nor any email record of it (though mailbox migration has a tendency to corrupt things).
I joined because of the pandora's potential for general-purpose computing - and it only really started development in 2008 or so.

I don't think so. I certainly don't have any memory of being on there, nor any email record of it (though mailbox migration has a tendency to corrupt things).
I joined because of the pandora's potential for general-purpose computing - and it only really started development in 2008 or so.
Maybe you got merged with another user who also used to be named Binky? Because I see 12 year old posts.

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/nokia-n-gage-for-1p.4800/#post-46202

to the international (wo)men of mystery:
hey, this sounds like a lot of fun! too bad i can't see these strange random-flags here as i don't use javascript. ;)
maybe it's an art-performance telling us that physical locations and nationalism is of no importance when we're all conntected to this global brain called pyranet?

Back