Everyones Virtualdub Settings / Size Per Minute?

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
Ok. I have downloaded quite a long file (about movie length say 2 hours 15mins) I want to try to fit it (with decent quality sound / video) on one of my 128mb cards. With my settings - as i will print below - i canot obtain this (The clip is live action not animation) Normally size of files doesn't matter as i only encode shots but i figured that, if everyone posts their settings along with an average size of file per minute, people can pick and chose the best setting for them?

Thank you for anyone that helps me out!

I use...

video filters : 320 x 240 resize (precise linear)

Video Frame Rate:
Source Rate adjustment - No change
Frame rate conversion - Process every 3rd frame (decimate by 3)
Inverse Telecine - None

Video Compression: Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
Configure - encoding mode - 1 pass - CBR
Bitrate - 192

Video - Full Processing Mode

Audio - Compression: MPEG Layer-3 - 32 kBit/s, 11,025 Hz Stereo - 4KB/s
Audio Conversion: 44100Hz

Audio - Full processing Mode

So there we have it, how do I compress more without losing complete quality of sound / video

Thanks again

fristly go mono, not stereo with the audio and consider losing a bit of quality there.

other than that its all in the video bitrates. try a number of different values until you hit -128mb, vdub gives a rather accurate projected filesize after about fifteen seconds of encoding.

once you've got a suitable bitrate, change to VBR and 2-pass encoding, this will mean that you will keep the same filesize, but extra space will be given over to the scenes that need it most.

1. dont use decimate use "convert to" use 15 fps or so
2. use 2pass encoding and give it the end size 100mb

Back