EXT port to computer!! LOOK!!

zboy9

かっこいいね。
Ok,
I was looking for connectors to connect to the GP32 EXT port and Darkfader said that Samsung R200 and R210 models of cell phones have the same port as the GP32. Well on this site it shows a connector to the computer with the right kind of phone that Darkfader said. This looks cool!!! Anyone else agree??

not sure, but just think of the development possibilities!!!!!!

well i personally am not a developer, but many people have been asking for ext cables and here is one. I think i may just buy it. we will see, but i would like to think what the developers on this forum think.

I just don't want to know what happens if the pinout is different for a GP32 and a Samsung phone... you could fry your poor GP32 to death...

Well gosh,
I had a similar cable stuffed into a draw, a car charger for a Samsung. Yep it's the correct plug for GP32, no it's using the wrong pins! On some plugs you be able to move the pins around, but it didn't work well for me. So be careful!!

Me and a few other people had the idea of making the RF games internetable read the post here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...13&t=2232&st=30

I have been researching this for over a week and i have found the pinout needed for the gp32 end and the pc end butyour guys are forgetting alot

First if are having the serial port from the pc to the gp32 u need to make the 5v fromt he pc into 3v second you need software for this to read the data from the serial port and send them to another pc

I found a program that does this and i have some1 at work who can make 1 for this

read my other post here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=2372

Please not that mofokubik is the orignal person with the idea not me but i am working it out.

If i get enough money im going to make these cables and get the software up n running only problem is i need 2 people who have gp32 with RF games

i already have a pre made cable from my old mp3 player that works with the gp32 so im ok just i dont have a GP32 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
look, Darkfader's site says that those mobile phones work with the GP32. It does not say that the pins need to be changed or anything. <_<

look, Darkfader's site says that those mobile phones work with the GP32. It does not say that the pins need to be changed or anything.

Did u even read his site?

I used the pinout according to GamePark's coloring, but instead of nTRST (optional JTAG signal) I used CTS and added a white wire for RTS

he had to change the pinout for the connector

and he also had to convert 5v into 3v as i said

To convert 3V <-> RS232 levels, I used a MAX3222

i think u might need to read his site again

:ph34r:

I read it again and it still looks like to me that he is talking about making your own. If you recall a while back someone made a wormlight for the GP32 and bought one of those connectors. His guide showed pictures and said that you just had to change like two of the pins around, and that was just to make the wormlight fit, not to make the original connector fit to the GP32. You are probably right though, because I have little knowledge of these things.

Back