External controller on Pandora

Stefanova

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I read some topics but I have still a lot of doubts.

It is possible use external joystick to play with Pandora (expecially the emulator)??

My dream is to play Amiga games with joystick on Pandora :)

Wileress?? USB?? Both??

Restriction??

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

It is possible use external joystick to play with Pandora (expecially the emulator)??

Wileress?? USB?? Both??

Restriction??

Thanks in advance
Bluetooth ones should work, and USB ones will work if they are either usb 2 or plugged into a hub,

I am unsure if that emulator supports joysticks though, I would think it would

Yes. USB and BlueTooth. There's already tools for connecting PS3 and Wiimote controllers.

The only restriction is that for USB ones you will likely have to use a USB hub. The game/emulator in question also needs to support external joysticks.

Hi All,

Wileress?? USB?? Both??

Restriction??

Thanks in advance

in theory, any controller that si either bluetooth or usb, and supported in linux should work

notable controllers aorking so far:

ps3 controllers (apparently, i haven't tested)

xbox 360 controllers (both wired and wireless with the pc adapter, tested)

saitek p2900 (not tested, but same software for 360 controllers picks it up

sure people could dd to that list aswell, quite a lot will just work without any extra software or anything

I have Xbox360 controller wireless....

But what kind of adapter I need for the wireless one??

I found one but it seems function only in Windows (and neither in Win 7)

Hi All,

Wileress?? USB?? Both??

Restriction??

Thanks in advance

in theory, any controller that si either bluetooth or usb, and supported in linux should work

sure people could dd to that list aswell, quite a lot will just work without any extra software or anything

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Xbox360 controller wireless....

But what kind of adapter I need for the wireless one??

I found one but it seems function only in Windows (and neither in Win 7)

Hi All,

Wileress?? USB?? Both??

Restriction??

Thanks in advance

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3299826/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Crossfire-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-for-Windows-White/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:3299826|prd:3299826

one of these? (needs a hub)

Mine works fine in windows 7 and on pandora, although couldnt get 2 controller to work at the same time on the pandora.

It is a USB?? Why hub??
The Pandora's regular-sized USB port is USB 2.0 High Speed only, and doesn't contain the chip necessary to connect USB 1.1 or 1.0 devices. A USB 2.0 High Speed Hub is required to connect these to that port, because it can "translate" for the slower speeds.

I'd like to add that you can connect low power USB HID standard joysticks to the OnTheGo port without the need of a HUB. These joysticks are most generic wired only USB joysticks without vibration/force feedback function.

For these joysticks to work you need the proper cable and to enter some commands in the console. More information on the PS3 controller thread.

I'd like to add that you can connect low power USB HID standard joysticks to the OnTheGo port without the need of a HUB. These joysticks are most generic wired only USB joysticks without vibration/force feedback function.

For these joysticks to work you need the proper cable and to enter some commands in the console. More information on the PS3 controller thread.

i'm yet to find a working otg usb cable, tried 3 or 4, fail!

Did you try the ones I recommended (from Digikey)? They are expensive, but they work for sure.

What are you plugging to the bus? Are you sure its power consumption is 100 mA or lower?

Have you enabled the OTG host like I explain in the PS3 gamepad thread?

If you are using a working cable with a low power supported device and you have enabled the host, it should work. If it doesn't work, maybe the bus is not properly working. Have you tested the bus in device mode? I.e. run System/SD-Mass Storage, and while it's running plug the bus to a PC Host. Then you should be able to access the SD-Card contents. If this doesn't work, then your port isn't working.

yes, it does work, maybe power demand is higher than provided... should test it soon, thanks

If you have access to a PC with Linux, the easiest way to know the power consumption of USB devices is to plug the device, go to the console and type:

Code:
sudo lsusb -v

Among all the data the command outputs is the maximum power consumption of each USB device attached to the bus.

If somebody knows how to check this under Windows, I think it would be useful for some people to post it here.

The game/emulator in question also needs to support external joysticks.

Not necessarily, if you instead could map the Pandora keys (cursor up/down/left/right, home, end, pgup, pgdown) to joystick movements. Then all emulators would've supported joysticks (as they would treat joystick input as keyboard input).

Would it be possible to have multiple controllers connected simultaneously via Bluetooth?

Using it as though it was a real console would be amazing! Much more so when the TV-Out cables arrive (in Two Months).

I would think this will be possible via iCP or PS3 controllers if anyone has managed that. The Pandora will no doubt recognise these but it will remain for various dev's to be contacted to hopefully implement support for this, if their app lacks it currently and they can be persuaded to add it. Or down to yourself to learn to add this and offer it up to everyone else.

Back