Fba2x - Finalburn Alpha Beta 7.3

Alghazanth said:
[...]

By the way what are your experiences with Jumping Pop ? It is far away from being playable even with overclocking for me. I was delighted to see it on the comp.list but...

Thanks

I tried it. It is only somewhat playable at 200MHz (at ~8 fps), but overclocking to 250MHz made it playable (at ~17 fps). I was able to beat the 1st boss, without any real problems. It is still on the slow side, but playable.

You can try Tumble Pop instead, pretty much the same game. It runs way faster even at 200MHz. ;)
Note: You need the parent ROM "tumblep.zip" to properly run "tumbleb.zip" & "tumbleb2.zip"

Barracuda said:
Hi everyone!

I've just noticed that the compatibility list for version 7.3 is on the archive.. (yeah I know.. I'm more than one month late...) was WORKING/NOT WORKING status updated? or are the new (post 7.1) entries untested?

I'm asking because I can test the previously not working roms.. and update the list I've compiled for version 7.1.. :)

I didn't look at the list in the archive, but I have tested all the new ROMs for 7.3... all of them, except Dragon Bowl, were working. A few of them were on the slow side though, but overclocking helped; only Fancy World was hardly playable even with overclocking.

I remember testing all the new ones for 7.2 also, but I can't remember if there were any that weren't working. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Now that I reviewed the list of new games for 7.2... I remember all of them were working, except for The Killing Blade and Hotdog Storm. Although, I didn't bother testing the NeoGeo games. Also, the games that required cache files were on the slow side.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey,

I'm updating my SD card contents and I'd like to know which dat file version from the Windows FBA I should use... for FBA2x 7.3

thanks in advance

Barracuda said:
hey,

I'm updating my SD card contents and I'd like to know which dat file version from the Windows FBA I should use... for FBA2x 7.3

thanks in advance
Is there anything wrong with the one it comes with?

I haven't checked if all the ROMs supported are (correctly) listed, but all the recent new ones are in there. :rolleyes:

Barracuda said:
hey,

thanks in advance
If you are referring to RC or CLR dats then I would suggest to use the zipname.fba.comp (from my fix) to move the files you created with the DAT to your SD (i.e. "for /f "usebackq delims=," %x in (zipname.fba.73.COMP) do move c:\temp\fbaroms\%x.zip SD:\game\emulators\FBA\roms")

thanks bman, that was exactly what I was looking for :)

edit: Now I just need to dump all the neogeo cache files...

Oh!!! You mean that kind of DAT file... haha... Sorry, I misunderstood. :lol:

I'm out of FBA since a lot of time, a fast question:

there's a way to remap keys in this cool emulator? I don't like the keys especially in Street Fighter and I can't remap them.. Any help?

vEGA-rJ said:
I'm out of FBA since a lot of time, a fast question:

there's a way to remap keys in this cool emulator? I don't like the keys especially in Street Fighter and I can't remap them.. Any help?
Same here ; I wish I could remap them , but as far as I know it is not possible.

Long time away from the forums

Back