Firefox Add-ons

Macguyver

I've been using Firefox on the Pandora with the idea that I could move all my settings, plugins, etc over via the FEBE add-on. Has anyone got this add-on to work on the Pandora?

Actually I can't seem to get any add-ons to install. Any tips? I've tried Firefox 3.63 and 4 but no dice. The add-ons say they are installed, and it restarts Firefox, but when I bring up the add-ons menu, it doesn't show that any have installed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Check to make sure /media/SD CARD/pandora/appdata/firefox (just guessing here, but you get the idea.) is not read only. If your SD card is formatted to something like ext2, you can issue:

Code:
sudo chown -R USERNAME:USERNAME /media/SD CARD/pandora/appdata

sudo chmod -R 755 /media/SD CARD/pandora/appdata

Again just a guess at the right path. See if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange. When I still used Firefox on my Pandora (I find it too slow and unoptimized for the system), I had Adblock Plus working.

OK, I did a reinstall of Firefox 4 and now I've got no problems installing Firefox plugins. This time I made sure that my profile was saving to the SD card instead of the NAND, not sure if that was the issue. So I was able to use FEBE and move over all my settings from my laptop. Awesome!

By the way, as far as performance goes, I've been more than happy with Firefox 4 on the Pandora. Slow startup but then it's fine. And the working flash is a bonus.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back