Firmware Compilation

crow_riot

i've downloaded the latest firmware source codes from the archive and thought they would compile from scratch. but they don't, at least for me.
was anyone successful compiling them? if so, please share some hints and tips for a linux-noob...

i get some weird errors while compiling pollux_key.c that this and that is not defined and whatever. looking into the source it seems this firmware source was dumped in the middle of development:

Code:
#ifdef CONFIG_ARCH_POLLUX_GPH_GBOARD
#define USB_INTERRUPT   1
#endif

#ifdef  USB_INTERRUPT     /* HYUN_DEBUG */

wtf? i'm getting more and more p*ed... but i dont start a rant... yet.

i got over this first problem now ... was a symlink error ... dunno how that happened. but i'm still stuck. does anyone have a working .config ? i can't get mine working correctly...

continuing trial+error ...

some hours later... i was doing something else and then .. ok i managed to make it compile until:

Code:
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  SKIPPED include/linux/compile.h
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arm-openwiz-linux-gnu-ld: no machine record defined

in the script file it denotes that maybe the binutils are outversioned...

anyone reading this who has more knowledge of kernel/firmware compiling - pls share knowledge!

i'm stuck. and :angry: on gph not bringing out anything instead of a buggy firmware, no dev tools as they promised and many more.

if anyone knows or has already done it, please let me know how u did. it would be really helpful!

GPH compile their kernel with GCC 4.0.2 based toolchain, you might want to use that too. Look for devkitGP2X in GP2X archive for the toolchain.

You might be interested in 'Wiz' branch in git.openpandora.org pandora-kernel.git, which is basically the same as GPH 'release' but cleaned up and hacked so that it builds uImage for me after:

make pollux_wiz_defconfig
make uImage

Note that you'll need to have mkimage tool from u-boot to build uImage (in PATH). You can find pre-built one here:
http://pandorawiki.org/Kernel_build_instructions

thanks notaz, that's really helpful information! trying out when i get back home. B)

worked like a charm. great stuff!

Back