Firmware Upgrade - Finally

RogTheDodge

Still Fresh
:D Hi all
Finally, after many weeks trying to upgrade to v2 firmware - done it. It is really down to the SD card that you use! Access speed being of prime importance. I tested several SD cards and noted the time it took to format, copy firmware files etc. The only one that worked (a Sandisk 512mb) - being the fastest. This happened to be a last resort, a micro (Transflash) SD card used in my mobile phone.
The good news is, once you have upgraded the firmware, you can put back the original SD card with all your files on it - as long as you have made a backup!

Now a happy bunny

RogThe Dodge :p

RogTheDodge posted on May 27 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
:D Hi all
Finally, after many weeks trying to upgrade to v2 firmware - done it. It is really down to the SD card that you use! Access speed being of prime importance. I tested several SD cards and noted the time it took to format, copy firmware files etc. The only one that worked (a Sandisk 512mb) - being the fastest. This happened to be a last resort, a micro (Transflash) SD card used in my mobile phone.
The good news is, once you have upgraded the firmware, you can put back the original SD card with all your files on it - as long as you have made a backup!

Now a happy bunny

RogThe Dodge :p

A genius, indeed...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont what the beef is with this cant upgrade on any sd card. I upgraded a week ago. Only had the gp2x 2 weeks and used my mem corp (unlisted) 40x sd card and it worked fine !! It only cost me £20.
Sandisk isnt the only way, there are also plenty of others listed. I think this prob may be ironed out in future firmware any who !!

Still 2.00 is much better with the power save and p.o.s.t process being shortend !! Congrats

Back