First Gp2x Russian Portal!

Yes the design is very nice, simple and attractive. I just had an idea, what if the icons at top-right acted as buttons linking to tutorials on using the different such features of the GP2X?

Good luck with the portal, the more users all around the globe the better :)

Cruel posted on Mar 9 2007 at 08:04 AM said:
Are there many GP2X owners in Russia?

Not many for now, but i hope, things will change with time and right marketing. There is a lot of people here, who likes digging in such stuff but without good publicity from GPH they probably will never know, what gp2x is.

Since the GP2X has a big emphasis on emulation is that popular in Russia? I am not sure how popular old games were in the day. I talked to a Russian guy at work and mentioned the GP2X and how it played alot of old games like Pac-Man etc and he said he never played arcade games as a kid and they weren't popular. Is that true or it it just him :p

Nice site though good luck with it. Hope it does well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my friends actually played video games at childhood. I remember, first impression, when NES bursted in our minds... oh, we were so crazy for it... though it wasn`t real NES, just clone named "Dendy" he-he. :p

Even cartridges still in stock at few stores. And there is also big emulation community in Russia. I think it could be very popular here, but people simply doesn`t know about GP2X. I`ve learn accidentally about it.

Cruel posted on Mar 16 2007 at 10:08 AM said:
Most of my friends actually played video games at childhood. I remember, first impression, when NES bursted in our minds... oh, we were so crazy for it... though it wasn`t real NES, just clone named "Dendy" he-he. :p
NES was also very popular here in Lithuania too, despite the fact it was never marketed here and it was nearly impossible to buy the real thing. The marketplace and some shops were full of NES pirate clones instead, sold with multicarts. Here is a nice list of NES clones:
http://famiclone.emucamp.com/famiclones.htm

The one I had was called "Hi Tex HT-767", I remember my friends had "Lifa 888-II" and "UFO A-500 II". I also remember trading multicarts with many people. I even got into trouble once when somebody gave me one multicart, which appeared to be someone's else, who later came with a gang of scary looking friends to take it off me. Oh these were the times...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... nostalgia... And parents could not allow to buy even this "offical" Dendy that time. So i personally had UFO-5000, before we fried it (hardcore playing, you know :)) And we were trading multicatrs too. Many of them were lost that way... but instead appeared many others from somewhere. :rolleyes:

Lithuania... Hmm, that not too far away... cool!

Here is box from my UFO: :wub:
http://gbx.ru/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8007

Back