First startup: Missing font? (Squares only)

uniacc24

Still Fresh
Hi!

I just received a classic pandora (with defective wifi/bt for a lower price) from ED. Was putting in the battery, opened it and saw this:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Umm... what is this? Can't go further, if I exit the first box, it seems to reverse the boot progress and shuts down.

Another little question: Can't it be charged while being completely shutdown? It seems to reboot all the time.

Thanks!

Hi!

I just received a classic pandora (with defective wifi/bt for a lower price) from ED. Was putting in the battery, opened it and saw this:

attachicon.gif
1.jpg
attachicon.gif
2.jpg
attachicon.gif
3.jpg

Umm... what is this? Can't go further, if I exit the first box, it seems to reverse the boot progress and shuts down.

Another little question: Can't it be charged while being completely shutdown? It seems to reboot all the time.

Thanks!
Luck you.

It looks a software problem only.

Try to reflash following the steps described on the wiki: http://pandorawiki.org/%C3%85ngstr%C3%B6m#Flash_Process

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope - battery charging is software-controlled, and no-one can be bothered to code one of those minimal charge-only OSes used by normal phones.

Thanks, reflashing did it :)

@Binky

Ok, but "no-one can be bothered"? I don't really understand.

What would be needed by such a charging os?

Only kernel and some busybox?

Back