Game Gear Games Don't Work Properly

jlenoconel

I'm having trouble getting Game Gear games to work properly. The colors come up all weird (mostly yellow) and the controls don't seem to work properly. Can anyone give me a hand with this? Thanks.

jlenoconel said:
I'm having trouble getting Game Gear games to work properly. The colors come up all weird (mostly yellow) and the controls don't seem to work properly. Can anyone give me a hand with this? Thanks.

Picodrive doesn't support Game Gear games. You should use this for Game Gear instead.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56974-sms-sdl-for-caanoo-by-joyrider-with-picklelauncher-by-pickle/

Last edited by a moderator:
jlenoconel said:

The Game Gear has an hardware very similar to the Master System, but it has a different colors map (12 bit RGB palette instead of 6 bit RGB palette) and a different video resolution... the actual Picodrive version (1.80) doesn't support these differences, you should use Sms_Sdl emulator (as goldenegg wrote) or wait a new Picodrive version...

Thanks for the help guys.

Another thing I could not get to work with Picodrive is the music for Terminator Sega CD. What could I be doing wrong? Sorry, not nitpicking lol, just trying to figure this stuff out. Thank you.

I tried to play chakan on picodrive - I prefer to play the GG version than megadrive version and it wasn`t having none if it,
As for Mega CD I think you need the separate .wav files... could be wrong though

jlenoconel said:
Thanks for the help. Very sweet.

Another thing I could not get to work with Picodrive is the music for Terminator Sega CD. What could I be doing wrong? Sorry, not nitpicking lol, just trying to figure this stuff out. Thank you.

The audio tracks must be in mp3 or wave PCM format and to hear them you need a "cue"* file (it's possible make a "cue"* file with Sega CUE Maker: http://www.racketboy.com/downloads/sega-cue-maker.htm )

* A cue file is a metadata file which describes how the tracks (in the specific case ISO + MP3s/Waves) of a CD or "virtual CD" are laid out...

Is that the case with just Picodrive or with all emulators as the game, and mp3 music, works without a cue in Fusion on my PC?

Thanks in advance.

jlenoconel said:
Is that the case with just Picodrive or with all emulators as the game, and mp3 music, works without a cue in Fusion on my PC?

Thanks in advance.

It all depends how the emulator has been created to handle CD image formats. Your best bet is to read the documentation for the emulator in question, as it will always cover the requirements for loading games.

Picodrive needs the cue file for use and play mp3/wave tracks, while Kega Fusion doesn't need it... ;)

ruffnutts said:
Yep its the same with psx iso`s...forgot about that ;)

Not exactly, PCSX4All for the Caanoo doesn't play mp3 files, if you give the emulator an cue file for an CD iso, containing of a bin file and some mp3 files, you don't have any music at all.

Back