Games Convention To Replace E3 !

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Website
Visit site
Epic Games boss Mark Rein seems to be convinced that Europe's Leipzig Games Convention will now replace the LA conference as the world's premiere gaming showcase.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19420

Leipzig illustrates exactly what was wrong with E3,” Rein insisted. “This is a great show, it's open to the public - I could never understand why they didn't open E3 to the public.

He continued: “I bet you if they had done that the way Leipzig does there would still be an E3 and it would be just as important and people would be happy about spending that money because more than 100,000 consumers will come through and touch and feel games they're actually gonna buy - you have a chance to sell millions of games here and also these people will tell their friends and news will get out and it won't just be reporters' opinions.”

I was disgusted by all those so-called press people who pretended that they didn't enjoy E3 a bit when the news of E3's demise broke out. If you truely don't like games, don't be in the industry. and I'm sure they were the first in line when there was a line for swags.

Anyway, E3 was the celebration of video gaming and it should have been a public event for anyone who wanted to celebrate video gaming. Big companies complained about spending 10s of millions dollars, but if they opened up the show to everyone, it could've been an event that could well be the superbowl of video gaming. Video gaming is not a mainstream entertainment for a reason.

Back