Games With Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolo824

Still Fresh
ok honestly i didnt bother reading other thread...if someone can link one that answers my questions, thank you

pandora is going to made to be the ultimate handheld game device, and it runs linux...
-what kinds of games will be able to be played on the pandora?
-how would one get the games on the device?
-with the devices hardware specs..it will be able to handle alot of iphone apps...will the device support using these apps if transfered onto the device through my laptop?
-the device has bluetooth and wifi, how will multiplayer games using these affect battery life?

i am very interested in buying one with the mass release...its nice to know that they are testing each device to make sure it works

tehrolo said:
ok honestly i didnt bother reading other thread...if someone can link one that answers my questions, thank you

pandora is going to made to be the ultimate handheld game device, and it runs linux...
-what kinds of games will be able to be played on the pandora?
-how would one get the games on the device?
-with the devices hardware specs..it will be able to handle alot of iphone apps...will the device support using these apps if transfered onto the device through my laptop?
-the device has bluetooth and wifi, how will multiplayer games using these affect battery life?

i am very interested in buying one with the mass release...its nice to know that they are testing each device to make sure it works
No, the Pandora doesn't support iPhone applications that I'm aware of. I mean, it's clearly not an iPhone, why would you think that?
Battery life will be reduced a little bit by Bluetooth / Wifi, but the battery is supposed to last something like 14 hours without either of them, so it shouldn't be too bad.
You put games on the device by downloading the games to an SD card, either on the Pandora itself or from a PC (running any OS, even Windows)

It will have the kinds of games that people write for it, as well as emulators for older game consoles like the SNES and PS1. N64 and Dreamcast are "work-in-progress", and any newer console than those will probably be impossible.
Handheld emulation reaches up to the Game Boy Advance. DS is probably not happening. PSP is being worked on, but there's no guarantees of how fast or how compatible it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not actually need iPhone apps, since you will have an entire Operating System with you. Most probably, you could download your apps on the pandora and transfer them to your iPhone via USB or whatever.
Think of Pandora as a Ultra Portable Notebook with gaming controls, ready for emulation and any games that are open source or portable to linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back