Gba Bios / Amiga Kickstart Rom Required!

happysatellite

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

I'm a complete beginner to emulation - have just received my GP2X in the post and loving the ability to play old SNES classics. However, I have also downloaded UAE4all and GPSP. Both tell me that I need kickstart rom / GBA BIOS in order to play.

I've done searches on google, plus a search on Limewire but I'm not getting very far. Is someone able to assist me in getting hold of these files?

Thanks for your time :)

happysatellite said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a complete beginner to emulation - have just received my GP2X in the post and loving the ability to play old SNES classics. However, I have also downloaded UAE4all and GPSP. Both tell me that I need kickstart rom / GBA BIOS in order to play.

I've done searches on google, plus a search on Limewire but I'm not getting very far. Is someone able to assist me in getting hold of these files?

Thanks for your time :)
These roms are not freeware thats why your having trouble finding them. Still if you do a search for the full filenames something should pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:
try searching google :ph34r:

Wares reference removed by Moderator

My thanks to you both :) have just downloaded bittorrent and the files are downloading as we speak. Thanks a lot!

happysatellite said:
My thanks to you both :) have just downloaded bittorrent and the files are downloading as we speak. Thanks a lot!
Seriously, you should buy an amiga and then you will be legally allowed to use the roms. failing that buy Amiga forever from cloansoft, roms come with it fully legal. Amiga is still a company (whether they are useful to the community is another thing) and therefore should be supported. Its different to software whereby the company has gone out of business in my opinion.

Sorry if i sound like some mad amiga fanboy but they are very close to my heart. :)

funkym00se said:
happysatellite said:
Seriously, you should buy an amiga and then you will be legally allowed to use the roms. failing that buy Amiga forever from cloansoft, roms come with it fully legal. Amiga is still a company (whether they are useful to the community is another thing) and therefore should be supported. Its different to software whereby the company has gone out of business in my opinion.

Sorry if i sound like some mad amiga fanboy but they are very close to my heart. :)

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that I'm happy to share the files with anyone who asks since Amiga, in my eyes, is dead.

P-J said:
funkym00se said:
happysatellite said:

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that I'm happy to share the files with anyone who asks since Amiga, in my eyes, is dead.

Its close i admit, but some of us still pray for the new OS. I agree that the bells are tolling in the distance but it aint over til the fat lady sings as they say. (it will be a sad day when it is, to me anyhow)

I do own one. It's in the loft packed away, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to get roms from it. If you have any tips I'd be most grateful (since my last post about bittorrents it all went pear-shaped and I'm still unable to play Amiga games on my GP2X).

happysatellite said:
I do own one. It's in the loft packed away, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to get roms from it. If you have any tips I'd be most grateful (since my last post about bittorrents it all went pear-shaped and I'm still unable to play Amiga games on my GP2X).
Thats cool, i dont for one second expect you to go to the trouble of extracting roms, but the fact you own one would, i expect, mean your conscience would be clear when you use roms you find on the net.
I didnt realise this when i got on my soapbox. Sorry. :)

funkym00se said:
Thats cool, i dont for one second expect you to go to the trouble of extracting roms, but the fact you own one would, i expect, mean your conscience would be clear when you use roms you find on the net.
I didnt realise this when i got on my soapbox. Sorry. :)
You don't need to apologise. I know what you mean, I'm not a big fan of people blatantly downloading loads of software they've never owned, but I must admit I'm no saint ... I've downloaded a few roms that I haven't owned (Super Mario RPG the most obvious example) but the bulk of them I do own, they're just all bagged up in the loft.

Anyways, I'm still sadly no closer to being able to play New Zealand Story on my GP2X. The bittorrent I found proved to be fruitless ... does anyone know of a reliable way that I can get hold of Amiga Kickstart roms. Even a guide somewhere that'll instruct me on how to do it myself would be very much appreciated!

I don't think the Amiga will ever be dead! Yes, I am a fanboy too but the fact is my A500 still gets more use than my desktop PC for games! I got a new widescreen TV recently, and it is like seeing all the games for the first time again. Pixels look a bit bigger, but holy crap the sound and music come booming out and still to me has the best sound capabilities of any 8, 16 or 32 bit system (not including ones with CD soundtracks, or compressed samples as these are like cheating :D )

If you have an Amiga up in the loft, take it down and see if it still works. Games on e-bay are mega cheap so you can build up a decent library for very little money.

Ok, I am finished my pro-Amiga rant now. My final wish is for sull screen, full speed, full sound emulator on a handheld - any handheld, I will buy it!

Back