Gba On The Gp2x - Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iignotus posted on Mar 31 2006 at 03:58 PM said:
What kind of odd assessment is that? Are you japanese, and have a hard time telling the difference for yourself?

I am not Japanese, and I did not assess anything.

First of all, I didn't know the race of a Korean friend I know that was hanging out with Asians. I thought he was Chinese...

Second, they are so Xenophobic that anyone who doesn't look Asian is considered "in" and everyone else "out." Go read up on some culture: http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

I can also note that ALL of the Japanese people here tend to stay to themselves and the other Asians here in my University.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say, can a Frenchman tell a German from a Brit? Probably not, because they all look the same. :) However, each major asiatic nationality has their own specific traits, and while I'm not able to explain how I figure them out, I can identify Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese, although sometimes it's a bit tricky.

- Alex

Actually there are a lot of ways ou can tell, very few of them are directly atributed to the way they look but there are some. Things like personality, styles of dress, skin tone, which is tricky but you can usually tell a fake tan from a person who really has a dark complextion.

I've been known to be able to tell with about 80% accuracy the differance, the only time I've been wrong was when guessing on someone who was specifically emulating some other style (usually chinese/Taiwanese emulating Japanese). It may come of as stereotyping sometimes but there's often a small thread of truth in them.

As for those women up top, Everyone has bad days. Also Beauty can be found in more than just looks. (although it helps!)

Well, once again you folks have turned a perfectly innocent topic about a system's emulation into racist, mysoginist claptrap.

For this reason, I'm closing it ... <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back