Gba Roms On The Ds?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
hi, i'm thinking of buying a nintendo ds (passes time before psp comes out) and was wondering if it's possible to play GBA roms on the nintendo ds? if so do they play at full speed? i've got the cards and stuff with it :-

1x 512Mbit Extreme Flash Advance card.

1x Super Card

1x Movie Player Card

1x 8MByte Compact Flash Card.

1x PassMe by Lynx

1x PassMe by Natrium.

so would the roms work on one of these or will i need an emulator to run them? if so is there one out?

cheers

Gaz.

The DS plays GBA "roms" out of the box so you probally don't need anything other than your flash card. Speed is not an issue... the DS has a GBA built into it... There are a few sites around that list the fully DS supported flash cards around.

yes, but only very few cards are not supported, and the ebst thing is, get a passme and run your ds homebrew of the gba flashcart!

what Ratx was trying to get at is you can BUY your GBA roms at ANY GAME STORE. I don't think there are any GBA emulators for the DS. The DS basically is a GBA already so quit being cheap and just buy the damn games. God everybody wants everything for free :p

EDIT: In case you still don't understand..Buy the actual cartridges. Roms from the internet are not going to work.

>Roms from the internet are not going to work.

Er you're wrong. They do. Of course I mean PD roms.

i would buy that carts but i've just paid out £190 for all this kit with the dev kit, i'll buy carts eventually for it, i'd just rather test the games out before i buy them. cheers

Gaz.

They should work but theres no multiboot option so you can only run the first game on your card

how? There isn't a DS GBA emulator that i'm aware of. The only thing running off the flash carts is stuff that was already made for the GBA and there isn't a GBA emulator for the GBA that would be retarded.

Am i right on this? I think it would've been posted here if there were any DS homebrewn emulators and i don't remember seeing anything on it. THe flash carts on the DS are just running GBA Homebrew and emulators not DS specific stuff.

Jesus christ, of course you can play your GBA roms on the DS if you have a GBA flash cart. And of course you can multiboot more than one game. The DS basically contains a GBA, so anything you could do with a GBA you can do with a DS.
Hell, the DS flash card (NeoFlash) is itself just a modified GBA flash cart, so even that could run GBA roms.

mr twit posted on May 12 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
Jesus christ, of course you can play your GBA roms on the DS if you have a GBA flash cart. And of course you can multiboot more than one game. The DS basically contains a GBA, so anything you could do with a GBA you can do with a DS.
Hell, the DS flash card (NeoFlash) is itself just a modified GBA flash cart, so even that could run GBA roms.
My Flash2advace cart works fine with my DS the only thing is I have to link it up to my old GBA to put new roms on it.
Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
GBA Flash carts on the DS can run multiple roms from the same cartridge for both GBA roms or DS ROMS, but obviously not a mixture - so either all GBA, or all DS. You need a PassMe or WifiMe to run the DS roms tho' (or apply FlashMe via WifiMe).

Myself, I run a Flash2Advance 256mb cart, which is currently carrying DS specific homebrew. Being an old card, it does mean I have to put it in my GBA to flash the cart, as the DS contains no multiplayer port, but that's only a small issue.

I use FlashMe to runs the DS roms.

Back