Gbax Coding Competition

@ Orion : I like your Bomberman World GP and the effects you've done on the Yeti3D engine. (One of those shots looks like its out of WipEout2097!)

Keep up the good work ;)

Do this patent only involve GBA or GC, GBC and the others too? Bad at this kinda stuff.

However this is very bad. I was thinking about getting an Zodiac2 and then sell my SP if i could play GBA on it. Hope it gets released "underground" then :) Or someone else starting to work on a free one... :)

But one have to understand Nintendo in this case. Zodiac2 getting released in EU with the ability to emulate GBA perfectly, play videos, music and tons of usefull apps... well, you figure. :unsure:

mattmagoo posted on Mar 12 2004 at 10:17 AM said:
Small problem

Reffering to the whole patent thing, if the GP32 is released in Europe it will bring the GP32 to the attention of Nintendo because it will be more commercial, if nintendo then finds its consoles are being emulated and that Gamepark are making a profit from selling a console which can do this, all hell will break loose
No it won't as long GamePark doesn't advertise it. The worst thing they can do is shut down GP32x/News/Emu.
We can always go 'underground' en provide emulators through a IRC channel/FTP server. I'm sure Nintendo can't shut down the GP32 comunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah don't worry about it as long as a GBA emulator isn't being sold and Game park isn't endorsing it in anyway (although should a good emulator come out advertising can be gained by releasing press info saying that they don't endorse it and want nothing to do with it etc. Nintendo can do nothing if Game park said they were against it and this would generate more interest as a result, perhaps tabloid/magazine stories about this which would actually result in more people being interested in the GP ;) )

Anyway just my thoughts on the matter :D

Back