Getting One Soon, Need Help.

gingerman1985

Still Fresh
Hello

I am buyiong a GP in the very near future. I have a question. Does anyone know if aan office application is available to use the handheld as PDA? seems silly to carry two things about when one will do. I hope this can replace my Ipod and PDA, thus requiring me to carry only 3 bits of kit. My EEE 701 (when I can find one) my phone and my GP. Is this the deluded dream of a mad man?

Any help will be really appreciated

Rgards

James. gp32_console :rolleyes: :gp2x

gingerman1985 said:
Hello

I am buyiong a GP in the very near future. I have a question. Does anyone know if aan office application is available to use the handheld as PDA? seems silly to carry two things about when one will do. I hope this can replace my Ipod and PDA, thus requiring me to carry only 3 bits of kit. My EEE 701 (when I can find one) my phone and my GP. Is this the deluded dream of a mad man?

Any help will be really appreciated

Rgards

James. gp32_console :rolleyes: :gp2x

No, other than GP2Xwrite (ZX-81's very nice wordpad type app) there is nothing for the GP2X that I am aware of. But, with the addition of the touch screen, maybe some PDA type apps will emerge in the future. You'd probably be best with a Zodiac if you are looking for something like that honestly, as it was (is) a great Palm PDA, music player, movie player, and has a nice bunch of emulators available. Not as versatile in the emulation department as the GP2X, but great as an all around device.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is GP2X GPE which does have a lot of nice PDA software incorporated in it. However, you do need to keep in mind that the GP2X does have a considerable start-up time. Checking someone's address, or taking down simple notes becomes a lot harder when you have to wait for everything to load each time you want to do it. The GP2X is really a gaming handheld--I don't think you should try to force it to be a PDA :p

Hello,

Qtopia is available for GP2X, too. I don't know whether it was updated for F200.

About GPE, I _think_ (please check) that it needs memory swap on the SD card (which is slow and kills your card).

Anyway, as it has been said, using a GP2X as PDA does not really make sense (for reasons already given plus it has no clock).

The qtopia doesn't work properly on gp2x f-200 it just freezes and gpe is way to small to use you won't get any good applications on gp2x it's best to use it for just playing games.

Back