Getting The Free Divx Player To Work

Octavious posted on Apr 5 2004 at 12:37 AM said:
Ban me if you want. I just wantd some damn answers. Thankfully someone has given me a decent response
And, I wanted to try the free one because free is less than a 128 card and gpcinema and a card reader, whereas that money could almost make the amount I need for the AV320. Its a matter of wanting to wait 2 weeks untill payday, or a month and have gpcinema and an AV320. I would like to know soon, so that is why I asked this question
If you ban me, I will comeback under a new user and still help out anyway I can ( like I do right now, because I like this comunity
Its just the poeple who wont answer a simple question
So do whatever you see fit because I care not what you think will change my mind, make me feel sorry for you, or whatever reason you really want me gone for ( mabe its because I am right )
so if any mod sees fit to ban Octavious, who participates in the community and helps develop, more than most of you do, than fine
But I would like an unbiased ban based soley upon that mod's opionion of the situation.
THX and regards

~Octavious
That's fair enough, but there was absolutely no reason to throw insults and profanity around in the way you did. It makes you look childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if I offended some of you, but I ment what I SAID
I know people are entiltled to opinions, thats why i got mad and showed you my opinion, so whats it matter what I say?, but I wasked for an answer, not an opinon
And many thanks to the people who are starting to give good responces
but is there a guide or anyone who can tell me how to get this all to work? I would like to see If I should get the gpcionema or the AV320. Thx
And thx also to guy who seen I was trying to be fair

~Octavious

Octavious posted on Apr 5 2004 at 02:39 PM said:
sorry if I offended some of you, but I ment what I SAID
I know people are entiltled to opinions, thats why i got mad and showed you my opinion, so whats it matter what I say?, but I wasked for an answer, not an opinon
And many thanks to the people who are starting to give good responces
but is there a guide or anyone who can tell me how to get this all to work? I would like to see If I should get the gpcionema or the AV320. Thx
And thx also to guy who seen I was trying to be fair

~Octavious
My opinion is that you are a fucking moron, and you need to learn some fucking manners and not demand things from people all the time. There is a REASON people say not to bother with the free divx player, IT IS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.

Hey! Just like you said! I'm entitled to give you my opinion!

Also, if you get banned and come back as a new user and continue to piss people off, someone will eventually find out and you will be blacklisted. The internet isn't anonymous.

ps get gpcinema

The fact is, he just wanted to see it, is that really such a crime? He asked specificaly for help with that particular program and asked that people who do not wish to help him not bother, right after that the thread was riddled with people belittling and telling him what he already knows and not what he actually wanted to know.

A little anger is justified, the cursing obviously not but he did ask for honest help and that was not what he got at first. I know people on forums get tired of the same old questions but stuff like this isnt necessary, you could've just ignored it and let it drop to the bottom of the thread list.

Everyone knows GPcinema is the best video player but he just wanted to be a well informed consumer and see what video looked like on the GP in general before deciding on a larger purchase.

Octavious posted on Apr 4 2004 at 04:14 PM said:
I am not cheap , you *happy* head
I am wondering if the gp32 screen size is big enough to watch movies on, and I would like to try it with the free player
Why the *laughter* are you people so stuck up. I asked for help and I get *happiness*.
Thanks to Alpha 2 who dosnt have his head 3 feet up his *flowers* for a semi desenr answer
I want to know if the screen is big enough in my mind to watch stuff on and if it isnt, then I am going to buy an AV320. AND ANYONE WHO CAN BUY AN AV320 ISNT *happily* CHEAP! I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION AND IF YOU DONT HAVE A *silly* ANSWER THAN SHUT THE *kittens* UP!!! I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE, DONT POST ANY GAY *puppy*!!

HOW *happiy* HARD IS THAT YOU INCOMPETANT BUNCH OFF *candy* HEADS!

~Octavious

Edited by Meonlyeviler to keep a clean community
Right...

First things first....

I don't know if you noticed, but I copied and pasted the first line in my reply from your first post. Funnily enough, despite what you seem to feel, this was done in fun, hence being followed by a raspberry to try and lighten the mood a little. This was the same response as you got from trooper - i.e. meant to be taken in jest, and NOT SERIOUSLY.

Your response was totally unnecessary and over the top. There was nothing offensive meant by what either trooper or myself said, as both posts were directly referencing your original post - i.e. using this thing that was obviosly lacking from your "oh-so-witty" reposte - HUMOUR! I admit, it may not have been the height of comic genius, but it was humour none-the-less.

Please try and take things a little less seriously. This is a community of several hundered regulars here, and expecting to post something referencing starting a "gay fight" is hardly likely to go unresponded. In fact, going by currently accepted statistics, you could possibly have offended approximately 300ish of our esteemed membership (the proportion that would be gay by approximate percentage). There we go - how's that for a lack of humour.

Lets get down to it. I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way, but you DO need to learn some etiquette, and you DO need to know that the sort of flaming that you started there will not win you any friends. Being downright shitty just makes you look like a fool. Another thing to bear in mind is that a few posts that arn't what you want won't stop people posting other answers too, so sometimes it's worth waiting before you blow your top.

I also wouldn't be suprised if you put a lot of people off posting replies because of your attitude.

The long and short of it is - Have a sense of humour, keep it friendly, get a sense of perspective, and for gawd's sake - dont blow your head off every time something doesn't quite go your way.

We just want to keep it enjoyable around here, and the odd post-for-a-laugh isn;t going to do any damage at all to that ambition.

Cheers :)

P.S. I've got no reason to ban you - everyone has the right to the odd rant :). Again, just try and make it a little less so next time.

...um... back on track...

I'm sure I remember hearing that moviepark was free to download from somewhere... could be wrong though, maybe it was someone on the forum linking warez

When people mention Moviepark i get confused, because there's the conversion program called movie park and then theres the old official player but it has the same name? if so I havent seen that one anywhere (atleast that I can remember :huh:) is it still on JoyGP? I could swear all i got was the converter from them.

ok, well then since there is no help in this, I will ask if there is any app or anything that has a sort of FMV out that uses full screen and good quality to see how the gp32 is with movies

AND ALSO...

if so, where could I get them at?
or you could just help me with my current problem

~Octavious

Actually moviepark was the old official divx player and movie link was the encoding tool :D *puppy* me if I'm wrong

Bobsonsirjonny posted on Apr 5 2004 at 06:33 PM said:
There are 300 gay ppl with GP32's... Best not tell Dafydd that - cos hes the only gay in the village :D
"Oh, no. I can't possibly ride the bus. I'm gay, you see."

ok, well I found another free divx thing that I guess is good so I will give that a go sometime today or tomorow
well, I dont need anymore help with the free divx player, but I would still like to know if any app has a movie in it, like a cutscene or sumtin like that that is full screen. Thx

~Octavious

hmm.. I have one that seems to be demo version of movie park which only played ONE tpye of file thaat no one can reproduce... cannot remember how big it was so I email to you if it is small or host.

edit: erm... I cant find it :unsure: I dont have it on my drive or on my discs.... I post again if I do...

Back