Gmu Help

G

Goemon4

ok, i just tried this app out and i cant get it to play any music... it recognizes the id3 tags and says its playing but nothing happens... this is the song im trying to play

*Right-click and save (dont worry its 100% free)

all im doing is adding it to my playlist and hitting b (to play it), but nothing happens....

any help is appreciated, Thanks

never mind, i re-dled the music and it played fine (it must have bee nthe way itunes tags things?)

Goemon4 posted on Dec 10 2006 at 07:52 AM said:
never mind, i re-dled the music and it played fine (it must have bee nthe way itunes tags things?)
I wonder if this has something to do with some music files not running on this player? when you say re-dled... do you mean re-downloaded? or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
re-downloaded (all the bands music is free of their website) and i think itunes tags them in a different way, cause i had troubble playing them in other programs on the 2x (but work fine on itunes and on my ipod)

I could not get my 'destroy rock and roll' album to play on GMU, no idea why it just acts as if the mp3's arn't there.

Works on stock + my own player fine.

yeah that was the problem i was having, but like i said, i dled the cd's again (untagged) and they worked fine, gmu could have a problem reading some tags or something? idk, atleast i got it working (idk if any of you use itunes but im thinking thats the problem, to bad i dont have anyother ways to tag things (damn outdated os'!)

I had an MP3 tune that wouldn't play right on GMU the other day too.
The first time it played way too slowly.
I renamed it to try again & it was fine until I restarted the player. Now it won't play at all :(

Works fine for the stock player & CraigAMP though.

Bugs like that are a complete pain to track down <_<

true, luckily gmu isnt the only music player out there (im just a big fan of the liquido scheme, and wanted to see how it looked with gmu (which is quite nice)) i hope in the next release the dev(s) will figure out what caused this bug (cause it is quite a good music player)

Just tried changing the tag of the track & I can't get any programs to fully read it, strip it of info completely or re-write it.
Looks like it is a problem with the way tags are implemented for some MP3's :(.

I'll try converting the file when I get a chance & see if that helps.

The bug with the not working mp3 files you guys were experiencing is caused by a bug in the mp3 decoder I'm using in Gmu. I have already fixed that bug and I will release a new Gmu soon.
It turned out that the mp3 decoder did not like mp3 files with ID3v2 tags with binary data.
Oh, and the problem with too slow or too fast playing mp3 files will be fixed as well, as it was caused by the same bug. ID3v2 tags are placed in front of the actual mpeg data and the mp3 decoder not being aware of id3v2 tags starts reading the file right at the beginning. If the tag includes binary data (such as cover artwork) chances are this data include a mpeg synchronization sequence, so the decoder interprets the following data as a mpeg frame with weird settings either causing the decoder to die or (if the file is played at the wrong speed) letting the decoder think the file has a different sampling rate than it actually has.

Just to let you know, I have released a new Gmu that fixes the bug discussed above.
I've already posted a new topic in the news section (with some more details about the changes), but that needs to be aproved by a moderator first.

Back