GnGeo 0.7 Wiz

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Notaz hat sich einen weiteren fetten Brocken vorgenommen und Pepones NeoGeo Emulator GnGeo für den Wiz portiert.
Das Frontend Rage2x ist enthalten, zusammen mit einer Datenbank und Vorschaubildern.

gngeo.png

Download: Archiv.
Dump Tool: Archiv.

Dank an notaz für den Post auf GP32x.com.

great news but sadly the vsync (diagonal) problem is still here ...

-- So Aug 09, 2009 09:59 --

"GnGeo is NeoGeo emulator from Pepone. Very little work was needed to port it, basically adjusting a few functions which were hitting GP2X hardware directly (see source diffs).

I was interested to see what was preventing the port to be made, and found nothing There were reports about some Cyclone bug but it was not true.

There are no Wiz specific tweaks like tearing fix in this release (I'm not interested in maintaining this, so if anyone wants to please go ahead), but LCD timing setup app is included to reduce the problem.

"

ok but where is this "LCD timing setup app is included" ? already included in the .gpe ?

Die Datei lautet "pollux_set" und ist als separates File im Download enthalten. Der Aufruf erfolgt über die .gpe Datei.

The file is called "pollux_set" and is included as separate file in the download. It's called from the .gpe file.

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7474

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/48575-wiz-ram-timings-test/

so i think i have to wrote some code program ?

-- So Aug 09, 2009 12:01 --

so i think i have to wrote some code program ?

-- So Aug 09, 2009 12:08 --

so do I have to wrote some code program ?
or maybe when I launch the .gpe, it just activate it ?

or maybe when I launch the .gpe, it just activate it ?

Yes, exactly. The .gpe file first calls the setting application and than the actual program (GnGeo in this case).
The advantage of this is, that it's not hardwired in the code of the file so you can easily change the values, in case you prefer other settings or GPH changes something in a future firmware release.

Do you can read German, alucard_xs? Then I can write my response in German the next time and everybody here can understand me. If you prefer an English response it's no problem (at least for me...)

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks for your answer, btw, I'm no german speaker ... but you can write in german for everybody, i will translate it for my own.

Have a nice afternoon :)

-- Mo Aug 10, 2009 11:34 --

damn it, I ca not find any good romset ...

Back