Gog.com Asking About Supporting Other Consoles

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/GOG_Question_Time_question_2/_/1

"So our question is "If GOG.com were to add games from a platform other than PC in the future, which would you choose?" You can choose from: Amiga, Commodore 64, Sega Genesis (Megadrive), Sega Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Neogeo and Arcade."

Ive been waiting for something like this to happen for a long time, it would be awesome if gog.com were able to sell console games digitally. I love gog.com for some of their pc games, no drm and very affordable.

My choices?

1 SNES
2 N64
3 Sega Gen

Thoughts?

I thought that C64 and Amiga (if you have a legal kickstart) games were free to copy anyways. Am I wrong?

My choice:
- Dreamcast
- N64
- SNES

Dreamcast, Xbox (might be a way off!) and Gamecube (but I doubt Nintendo would allow that!).
How do they intend to do it? Port the games?

Jourdy288 said:
Dreamcast, Xbox (might be a way off!) and Gamecube (but I doubt Nintendo would allow that!).
How do they intend to do it? Port the games?

Probably do something like is being done with dosbox, distribute the rom with the emulator. Or just sell the rom by itself.
Theres nothing in the post that gives any details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitizen said:
I thought that C64 and Amiga (if you have a legal kickstart) games were free to copy anyways. Am I wrong?
A lot have been released for free but I think it's unlikely that you are allowed to copy all of them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doubting that Nintendo would ever allow them to sell ROMs, but Sega might.

Back