Caanoo / WIZ Good Linux Toolchain For Wiz?

waltercool

Still Fresh
Hi there

Im trying to develop apps for Caanoo and Wiz, i have a perfect Caanoo toolchain, but i cant found a good Wiz toolchain :/

For Caanoo was "download toolchain" and "download DGE"

For the moment, for Wiz i found this, but a lot of libs are missing... and using the official Wiz SDK isnt very friendly...

Extra: For DGE, i get this: /opt/wiz/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.0.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: warning: libinkadrm.so.0, needed by /opt/wiz/DGE/lib/libdgt20w.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/opt/wiz/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.0.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdrmcode.so.0, needed by /opt/wiz/DGE/lib/libdgt20w.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

This appear using the official Wiz SDK and DGE for Wiz

Thanks

WalterCool said:
Hi there

Im trying to develop apps for Caanoo and Wiz, i have a perfect Caanoo toolchain, but i cant found a good Wiz toolchain :/

For Caanoo was "download toolchain" and "download DGE"

For the moment, for Wiz i found this, but a lot of libs are missing... and using the official Wiz SDK isnt very friendly...

Extra: For DGE, i get this: /opt/wiz/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.0.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: warning: libinkadrm.so.0, needed by /opt/wiz/DGE/lib/libdgt20w.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/opt/wiz/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.0.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdrmcode.so.0, needed by /opt/wiz/DGE/lib/libdgt20w.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

This appear using the official Wiz SDK and DGE for Wiz

Thanks

that rhe openwiz toolchain will work, and Im pretty sure it was updated with the basic libraries. I have no idea if DGE is supported on the wiz either since it was released under caanoo. It might have to be recompiled for the wiz, and we have no source.
To be honest theres no need to use DGE that i can see other than to lock yourself down to a library thats only supported on one device.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least, this link http://sbock.net/upload/20100818dge20wiz.tar.gz (posted on caanoo dev forum) seems to be for wiz..., but seems missing libinkadrm.so and libdrmcode.so, is included on official caanoo toolchain :/

WalterCool said:
At least, this link http://sbock.net/upl...dge20wiz.tar.gz (posted on caanoo dev forum) seems to be for wiz..., but seems missing libinkadrm.so and libdrmcode.so, is included on official caanoo toolchain :/

if you have a caanoo you could try copying them from the firmware (to your sd card and then to the toolchain)

But Wiz is using a OABI, Caanoo is using EABI instead... idk if will work... :/ (and i havent a Wiz for testing too...)

But DGE is a great idea for compatibility... different constants for Caanoo and Wiz, different libraries for each gaming console, but same methods with different values (for compatibility), thats why i want use DGE on Wiz!

WalterCool said:
But Wiz is using a OABI, Caanoo is using EABI instead... idk if will work... :/ (and i havent a Wiz for testing too...)
Sorry in my mind i thought you going to use DGE on the caanoo, not the wiz. Yes you cant mix the libs but if you dont have a wiz why how you going to devel for it?

WalterCool said:
But DGE is a great idea for compatibility... different constants for Caanoo and Wiz, different libraries for each gaming console, but same methods with different values (for compatibility), thats why i want use DGE on Wiz!
maybe, but theres nothing i cant do withoug DGE, that I could do with it.

Pickle said:
WalterCool said:
Sorry in my mind i thought you going to use DGE on the caanoo, not the wiz. Yes you cant mix the libs but if you dont have a wiz why how you going to devel for it?
Because Wiz is a great gaming console too, i just dont want be a Wiz developer killer ;)

Pickle said:
WalterCool said:
maybe, but theres nothing i cant do withoug DGE, that I could do with it.
But with DGE, in theory, you can make a standard code for both game consoles (as i read) just including DGE for Caanoo or DGE for Wiz (using if)

Back