GoodXXX inside emulators...?

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there!

There are surely few others here who dislike the 8.3 naming of files for the GP32... especially if you
use emulators.

Just an idea for aaaall those fantastic emulator coders out there:
There exist databases for each system (e.g. the GoodXXX-Tools for every system) which recognize roms by their headers and name them...

Would it be hard to include these databases into the emulators so you get nice names even though the GP32 only has 8.3 filenames?

And another idea (especially for the fantastic beta of the VCS2600 emu):
It takes 20 minutes (!!!) to show the file list of all the roms I got for the 2600...
Would be nice if the emu created a file where it can look up the names of the roms whenever I start it
instead of reloading the directory. This would really be fast :)
But don't forget the option to reload the database in case you put new roms on the SMC ;)

What do the other guys (and the fine coders out there) think?

spunds lot like loading up roms in mame to me. Yeah I loaded up about 10megs of 2600 roms which is a few thousand games. It does take a really long time to get the list to load but then I just put them in seprate folders catigorized by letter and it makes things easier.

Personally, I think those should be absolutely the LAST thing worked on for an emu, not until it's 100% perfect otherwise. Small gripes IMHO.

Back