Got Bit Bad Lost Bites Hard

art1080

Still Fresh
I got bit really bad with a fried HD during a data transfer, and need to recover data from another HD that was reformatted. I have tons of important digital art files (unfort I have to scrap the gp2x video contest now) Can anyone reccommend a good software to recover data?

Recovering data from a formatted HDD isn´t hard. Just stick it into a PC or external case and get some recovery software like UnErase to search for the deleted files. Then copy them to another harddrive.

We have software called R-Studio which can recover files from a hard drive even after a format or even after new data has been written to the disk. Only problem is, R-Studio isn't cheap.

Get Data Back Is a great piece of recovery software, It`s got me out of the sh*t quite a few times.

And its very cheap, For what it does. There maybe a free older version for download somewhere.

Trooper

Thanks guys, I managed to grab a copy of getdataback from our server at work, along with crack ;)

I managed to snag back most of my important files (TG), but since I had installed windows it was as if my entire drive was hit with bird shot. Lots of random corrupt shit.

If R-Studio can recover data that was written over that would be awesome, but I don't see anywhere that says that. Only reformatted or erased. If I'm wrong please correct.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Dec 9 2006 at 10:51 AM said:
R-Studio isn't cheap.

but if you know where to look it can be free ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
art1080 posted on Dec 10 2006 at 04:15 PM said:
Thanks guys, I managed to grab a copy of getdataback from our server at work, along with crack ;)

I managed to snag back most of my important files (TG), but since I had installed windows it was as if my entire drive was hit with bird shot. Lots of random corrupt shit.

If R-Studio can recover data that was written over that would be awesome, but I don't see anywhere that says that. Only reformatted or erased. If I'm wrong please correct.
We have recovered data from a previous format hard drive, the user had been using the drive for ages when it got totally corrupted. After scanning the hard drive and showing the results to her, she was amazed that there were files found from years ago from a previous format. R-Studio is kewl, it's probably not the best, but it is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back