Gp2x Ac3 Support Is Gone?

bagmouse7

This news really sucks. It appears that the GP2X will NOT support the AC3 codec.
Check out this from the GP2X web site:
http://www.gpx2.com/support/support_sugest...unho=18&part=00

This REALLY sucks. I was hoping to not have to reencode everything once I got the GP2X. This is such a pain in the a$$.
Also, web sites are still advertising the GP2X as support AC3. I know because I almost just preordered one. I decided the check the "Official" GP2X site before I ordered just to check out any new news on it, then I found this bad news.
I will probably just stick with my GP32 for a while. Too bad...
If anyone has any further news on this please post.

well the support was going to raise the price anyway.
besides, reencoding audio doesn't take much time. just use virtualdub to reencode audio only.

anyway, it does suck that there's misinformation going about, but this really isn't that big of a deal since ac3 support may be added later on unofficially.

:huh: Okay guys I know that AC3 is the fomat that the PSP uses, please correct me if I'm wrong. That does kind of suck that the 2x won't support it but I'll live. As for AAC I don't know if that's supported but I would love it if it is. I was wondering if anyone could let me know, sorry to kind of steal the thread. Just slap me.

hmmm I think we're getting our innitials all confused, The new PSP codec for video is AVC. ATRAC is like sony's own personal MP3 format.

And from the looks of things It dosent seem as if the PSP supports AC3 either... But there seem to be a lot of open source drivers for it so maybe we'll get it one day but I hardly think its worth crying about.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 10 2005 at 04:28 PM said:
Ogg isnt free? strange how I can encode it in Audacity without having to pay for it.
:lol: :rolleyes: :lol: jarska means that vorbis isn't mp3, like atrac isn't mp3 (which you oversimplified towards, though I'm sure you knew the difference).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back