Gp2x Cant Find Sd/nad

tim0391

Website
Visit site
hi guys just got my gp2x today for christmas :D but im having a few problems.
i have used ot for about 3 hours and i went to put more stuff on to my sd card, after doing so i put it back into my gp2x and went to go on to the utility i put on. nothing was there not even the other apps i put on perviously so i went to look at games and nothing the nad and nothing, so i changed my batteries to see if it made a differance which it did not.

so i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem in the past and how i can fix it

thanxs

tim

Hi there, merry christmas one and all...
I have had the same problem as well ... got the SD card 2day, (sandisk 4.0GB + came with a free sd reader :p ) the problem i have have is i got now about 9 diffrent SD cardds which DONT work...(untill today :D) but the GP2X is not picking up the files on the card... nor can i connect to PC from the SD storage :(
so this is leaving a bitter taste in ones mouth....

i just want to play Duke3d on the way to work PLEASE HELP make my life better...

many thanks ,
Clark

http://purelegends.yoomie.net/

tim0391 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 04:07 PM said:
thanks for the reply but can you access the nand memory built into your gp2x ?

tim

yes i can all is well there...

the problem i get is (i think) that the SD card is comming up blank on the GP2x.
i got it this morning, formatted it then put on about 3.3 Gb on it... nothing :(
re-formatting the card a few times to see if it might of worked, but no luck so far...

can any one help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you formatting the card as FAT32? Can your PC see the files?

TelcoLou posted on Dec 26 2006 at 01:46 AM said:

yes the cat is formatted @ FAT32 its a sandisk4.0Gb card i formatted it via a SD card reader.

and yes the PC can see the files fine..

im using firmware 2.1.0 at the mo wondering if i should update to 2.1.1?

many thanks 4 the reply

Ping posted on Dec 26 2006 at 01:44 AM said:
yes i can all is well there...

the problem i get is (i think) that the SD card is comming up blank on the GP2x.
i got it this morning, formatted it then put on about 3.3 Gb on it... nothing :(
re-formatting the card a few times to see if it might of worked, but no luck so far...

can any one help?

o well we got sort of the same problem but can access your nand whereas i cant :(

TelcoLou posted on Dec 26 2006 at 01:46 AM said:

my 2gb kingston and my 512mb kingston are both formated as fat32 and yes they can be read by the pc (in a card reader)

Ping posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:09 AM said:
yes the cat is formatted @ FAT32 its a sandisk4.0Gb card i formatted it via a SD card reader.

and yes the PC can see the files fine..

im using firmware 2.1.0 at the mo wondering if i should update to 2.1.1?

many thanks 4 the reply

i was thinking of upgrading my firmware to 2.1.1
but i cant becuase even when i put in a blank card with only firmware upgrade on it will not see it and begin the upgrade :(

o well there is allways 2mora to try again :)

tim

so any one out there can help us on this problem of ours???
Please mail back... clark

Back