Gp2x-colem: Colecovision Emulator For Gp2x V1.0.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xcolem-snap-v101.jpg

ColEm is one of the best emulator of the ColecoVision videogame system written
by Marat Fayzullin.

It's running on FreeBSD, HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, and other Unix systems.
GP2X-Colem is a port to GP2X of Colem Unix version 1.0.
[cut]
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

You can download it here:
archive gp32x

Enjoy,

Zx.[/cut]

Thanks ZX-81 for another port.

I like the menu and things in this version unfortunately it runs too slow compared to the XMESS version :(

If the speed could be increased to fullspeed I would for sure use this version because of the better GUI.

DaveC said:

I like the menu and things in this version unfortunately it runs too slow compared to the XMESS version :(

If the speed could be increased to fullspeed I would for sure use this version because of the better GUI.
The speed is limited as 60 fps, now if you want it to run faster (but then it becomes unplayable for game like antartica) you can disable the speed limiter.

What is the name of the game you think is too slow ?

norm said:
another one?? :eek: - are you human?? or just some emulator porting machine??

keep up the good work
some more emus are coming soon. These are all the emulators i had already ported to PSP, so it's not a so hard task to port them on GP2X, since i know the code and the UI is 90% the same code for each of my emu ports.

It took me a year to port them all on the PSP, it takes me a couple of days to port one to GP2X ...

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
DaveC said:

The speed is limited as 60 fps, now if you want it to run faster (but then it becomes unplayable for game like antartica) you can disable the speed limiter.

What is the name of the game you think is too slow ?

I tried Pepper II and Burgertime both are too slow, I didn't test others. The sound "drags" because of the speed too. The animation is a bit choppy as well, it looks like it is skipping frames. It doesn't appear to run at 60 fps. If you try XMESS on the GP2X you will see the speed is fullspeed and is perfectly smooth with no frameskip. The best thing would be to compare the two to see first hand what the difference is.

The menu on XMESS is very cumbersome and plain looking though due to it's PC roots. I would prefer your emu with the nice background image and quicker menu if the emulation speed was the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back